XIV. Will You Be Mine?

Loki sat beside Eldrid as they watched over her father

Loki sat beside Eldrid as they watched over her father. The light dimmed in the room as the walls closed. Frigga looked at them cautiously, concerned for her husband but sensing a shift in their dynamic. "There's more to what you've told me, isn't there." Frigga says with her knowing eyes and small smile. Loki couldn't look Frigga in her eyes, his mind was still coming to terms with the fact that he was not an Odinson, but the son of Laufey. El glanced at Loki, her hand slipping into his and he squeezed it tightly for a moment.

"He knows the truth. And so do i, Mother." Eldrid says, speaking for the two of them. Frigga tilts her head curiously until she realizes what her daughter means. That Loki knew the truth of his heritage. What came about his arrival to Asgard.

"I..." Frigga begins but shakes her head. She refused to make an excuse for herself or Odin. She would not play the game of lies anymore. "I asked him to be honest with you from the beginning." She says softly. She leaned her forearms onto Odin's bedside and looked at the two of them. "There should be no secrets in a family."

Loki takes a moment for himself, still not having the strength to speak just yet. So Eldrid looks at her beloved and he nods, pleading with his eyes for her to speak on his behalf.

"So then why did Father lie?" Eldrid asks gently.

"He kept the truth from you so you would never feel different." Frigga says, looking between the two of them. "You are our son, Loki."

"I do not wish to be your son if i cannot wed the woman i love." Loki says, speaking for the first time. Eldrid's eyes widened in shock. This was the first time Loki was talking about marriage openly. They had just vowed to themselves in the Vault that they would never part from the other. But Eldrid never anticipated marriage so quickly.

"Loki..." Eldrid whispers.

"Just the possibility, Angel.." Loki whispers back to her, "I would like the option, at least, to call you my wife one day." He says with a small smile reserved for her.

Frigga smiles gently at the two of them. "We are your family, whether that becomes through marriage or not." Frigga tells them both. "You don't need my permission to wed." She adds with a light chuckle. "You two are old enough to make your own choices."

Eldrid smiles softly, a blush on her cheeks at the thought of calling Loki her husband someday. Her eyes then fall on her father and her heart aches. "How long will it last, Mother?" She asks.

"I don't know... this time it's different. We were unprepared." Frigga responds.

"I never get used to seeing him like this." Eldrid mutters, looking over her father's sleeping, unmoving form.

"The most powerful being in the Nine Realms, lying helpless, until his body is restored." Loki says, looking at Odin for the first time since he and Eldrid arrived to the chambers they're in now.