s e v e n t e e n

Justin's POV

I don't know why I didn't just walk into the middle of the dance floor as the song came on.

It's just I don't want her to reject me when she finds out its me who she has been messaging and tell her secrets too.

Now Vanessa sat in the corner of the kitchen with a red cup in her left hand and her head in her other.

She looked extremely bored and disappointed.

"She's hot isn't she." A voice murmured in my ear. I looked over my shoulder and saw Nash standing with the girl we called baby Ariel slouching on him.

"Who?" I asked as I looked between Ariel and Nash.

"Vanessa Gally. The girl you were just staring at." Nash said as he took a sip of the liquid in the red cup.

I shook my head. "I wasn't staring at her. I was looking at the fridge trying to figure out if I was hungry or not."

"Right." Nash replied stretching out the word as if he could see through my lie. He looked down at Ariel and smiled. "Can you go ask Chaz for the blunt he promised me."

"Sure." Ariel said as she walked away from Nash and I.

I shook my head as Nash's eyes lingered on her flat ass. "Dude what the hell. Ariel is 15 years old."

"If she 15, I'm 15." Nash said as he broke into a laugh.

I didn't laugh I just stood there staring at him in disgust. He looked back at me with a smirk. "I'm just kidding. She's not my type, she's too ugly. I got her for Hayes."

I couldn't help but to laugh. "Your so messed up."

Nash chuckled. "Less about me and more about you. I see the way you look at Vanessa. So just talk to her."

"If I do will you leave me the hell alone."

"Probably not but I'm going to see where Ariel is. She probably already smoked my whole blunt." He said as we dapped and walked away.

I made my way to the kitchen to talk to Vanessa. I wasn't going to tell her that I was the one messaging her but I could still hold a conversation with her.

I walked up to her and smiled. As she saw me I could see the curiousness in her eyes.

"Hey," I said giving her a little wave.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Ugh hi."

"I like your dress. And your hair looks nice like that." I said pointing to her hair which was naturally curly around her face.

"Thanks. This guy actually said I should wear my hair natural more often. And I took his advice." She said as she looked back down at the red cup in her hand. "And I really do not know why I told you that."

It was awkward for a few seconds as we just looked at each other. I cleared my throat as I stood up straight. "Look about middle school...."

Vanessa interrupted me before I could say anything else. "We don't have to say anything about middle school. It's over and done with."

"No we do." I stated as I took a deep breath. "I just want to apologize about middle school and making it a personal hell for you. I shouldn't have treated you like that because nobody deserves that. I'm sorry."

Vanessa shrugged her shoulders. "It was a hell. But I forgive you anyway."

I smiled as I looked down. "Would you like to dance."

Vanessa shook her head as she took a big gulp of her drink. "Maybe the next song. My legs are a little tired from dancing to that R Kelly song."

"Yeah I saw. You got some moves on you." I said as I leaned against the counter.

"Yeah I saw you watching me." She said chuckling.

"I was not watching you." I protested but Vanessa gave me a look. "Okay maybe I was watching you. I just hope I wasn't seeming like a Preep to you."

Vanessa quickly looked up at me as her eyes widened. "What did you just say."

"I said I hope I didn't look like a Preep." I repeated as I studied her face. She started backing away from me. "What? Is something wrong?"

She squinted her eyes at me. "You." She said softly as she dropped the red cup on the floor. "Your the the message guy. What the fuck!"

"Vanessa.." I said softly walking towards her but she pushed me away making her way out the the kitchen. "Vanessa!"

She pushed pass the people in the living room making her way out of the door. I followed right after her and didn't catch up with her until we hit the curb and I grabbed her arm spinning her around.

"The fuck do you want Justin." She yelled in my face. "Or Fuckboy, Drew, Asshat. Whatever the fuck you go by.

"Vanessa just listen to me." I yelled back as people that were outside looked at us.

"What the fuck should we talk about first. How about how your a fucking lying piece of sack of shit." Vanessa yelled as the tears in her eyes fell.

"I never lied about anything Vanessa. I really do like you. Maybe even love you." I yelled back as my face turned a little red from the anger and my yelling.

"Love me? You can't love someone you have been lying to since the mother fucking beginning." Vanessa said calmly as tears streamed down her face.

"Vanessa please can we just go inside and talk." I asked as I grabbed her arm again.

"No, I just need time to think. Just leave me alone and don't follow me." She said as she began to walk down the street.

I decided against following her and made my way back into the house.

"Fuck."