s i x t e e n

Vanessa's POV

"So let me get this straight, you're about to meet the boy that you have been texting for 2 months." My best friend Rebecca asked as she gave me a weird look.

"That's what I said, yes." I replied as I pulled up two dresses to my chest seeing which one would looked the best on me.

I looked over at Rebecca but she put her finger in her mouth making gagging sounds.

I took the hint and threw both of the dress on my bed.

"Are you sure you want to meet him? He sounds like a huge creeper." Rebecca said as she picked up two crop tops which I quickly threw on my bed in the no no pile.

"He is not a creep. He's a nice guy, and yes I want to meet him." I responded as I rolled my eyes. "He knew things about me only people who went to the school would know."

"Creep." I heard Rebecca murmur as she sat down on my bed.

"How about this one?" I pulled up a black shirt and all Rebecca did was shake her head.

She spread out on my bed as her head hit my pillow with a hard thump. "I just wonder why you never told your suppose to be best friend about this guy you were messaging."

I rolled my eyes. "Because I knew you would start judging me. Which you are doing right now."

She quick sat up on my bed. "I am not judging you. I am just worried about my best friend.

"Right." I said sarcastically as I pulled my shirt off and threw on a short cut silver dress. "So calling him a creep under your breath a couple times is not judging."

Rebecca ignored me as she took notice of my dress. "I like it. Not to slutty, not to casual. Just right to fuck the message guy."

"I'm not going to fuck that guy. I hardly know him."

"Exactly so why the hell are we going to a party to meet him. He could be some rapist fuck who is going to put drugs in your cup then rape you."

I gave her a weird look as I slipped on my shoes. "You have a really fucked up mind Bec's."

"I know. Let's just leave before the street lights come on and your parents not let you go out." Rebecca said as she pulled my arm and we were walking out the door.

My parents sat in the living room watching Scandal as Rebecca and I walked down the stairs. They both turned around and looked at us.

"You look beautiful, Vanessa." My mother said as she looked at me up and down.

"Thanks," It was awkward as my father said nothing and scandal was playing in the background. "So me and Rebecca are leaving now. Don't want to be late."

"Be back by midnight." My father yelled out as he looked back to the television. I knew he disapproved without him even saying it.

Rebecca smiled grabbing our jackets. "I'll have her back before midnight."

We walked out of the door and made it to Rebecca's BMW.

I wanted a car but my father said no. Said only good girls who went to the school their parents wanted them to go to got cars.

He is so full of shit.

"I'm surprised your father didn't call you a whore when he saw your dress." Rebecca said as she started up the car.

"Oh just shut up and drive."

•••

"I'm going over their to Gilinsky and flirt with him." Rebecca announced as soon as we walked into Chaz's party.

"Doesn't he have a girlfriend he has been dating for like months." I asked as I took my jacket off and threw it over the bench.

"After he has a few drinks in his system he'll be like, Maggie who?" Rebecca said laughing as she picked up a red cup filled with God knows what.

I gave Rebecca another weird look. "Her names Madison."

"Who? See I forgot her name already ." Rebecca took off her jacket and started stunting over to where Gilinsky sat with his group of friends.

"Make sure you don't drink to much. You're the designated driver." I yelled after her.

Sometimes I really do not know why I am friends with her.

I walked into the kitchen and got a red cup and filled it up with orange juice. I didn't want to come home drunk to my parents so it was best if I didn't drink any alcohol.

I walked back into the living room were the party was going on. The loud music blasted in my ear and I knew this was the perfect time to suggest the slow song.

I walked up to the DJ and suggested the R Kelly song Ignition. I paid him 10 dollars to do it as the next song.

I was a little afraid as the song started playing and many couples start dancing with each other.

I got up from the seat I was sitting in and started to move to the beat softly as I waited for the mystery messaged guy.

What would he be like? What did he look like? Did he have good teeth? Was his hair curly? Did he have a six pack?

As I moved my hips my eyes moved up and met the eyes of Justin Bieber.

I quickly looked away as the last verse of the song was sung and I realized the message guy never came.

And he probably wasn't coming.