Chapter 11

In a cabin not far from their's were k-unit, and Mr Scott, watching the students through the cameras recordings. K-unit, especially Eagle, could not stop themselves from criticizing every of the students' errors while setting up tents and reading maps.
It was already the second and last day of the hike. On the first day, seven students had already failed, and three had gotten 'hurt'.
K-unit were really getting annoyed by the girls who kept complaining about how much insects there were.
Very rarely would Mr Scott join k-unit's conversation. The latters even forgot he was in the very same cabin as them sometimes, well, except Cub. The latter liked his P.E teacher. He would talk to him sometimes while trying to not reveal his identity.
"So, what do you guys think of this place?" One of the boys from team B's question attracted all of the seven men in the cabin's attentions. Team B still had all of it's members: James, Tom, Mike, Kelly and Abby.
"It's hell," Kelly said.
"Really? I didn't know," James said.
"You didn't know?" Kelly said, putting one hand on her chest dramatically," Someone should have told you," she looked around in fake horror and paused when she laid her eyes on Tom," Tell James this place is hell, Tom."
Tom, being Tom, played along," This place is hell, James."
"Thanks for sharing the piece of information, Captain Obvious."
"My pleasure, Lieutenant Sarcasm."
"Boys," Abby muttered, just loud enough for the others to hear.
"Hey!" Three voices cried. Both girls just rolled their eyes.
"Hey, is that a camera?" Mike asked, pointing his finger at the object only he noticed.
"You're talking about the small, barely visible black object in the tree? Yeah, I guess it's one."
"Hmph, you're talking as if there are other devices like that."
"They're watching us then?"
"Obviously."
"Why are you guys so mean to me?"
"Because it's fun."
"Don't join in this, Kelly."
"I think I can."
"Guys, guys, stop act–"
"And why that, Miss-I-know-everything?"
"Don't call me that, Harris."
"I can if I want to, Hart."
"–ting like kids."
"You guys are so immature."
"I know, right? But please, accept that fact, because we were born that way."
Complete silence.
"I just said something wrong, right?"
"We'll just pretend you never said that."
"Sure."
"What?"
"I said–"
"I heard what you said. But why?"
"Tom, just... never mind."
"What? No, te–"
"You guys are hopeless."
"For once, I agree with you, Mike."
"Hey! I take offence to that!"
"Yeah, me too."
"Good. Cause I counted on it."
"You are mean."
"Thanks to state the obvious, Tom."
"And it starts again."
K-unit and Mr Scott watched in amusement as the five kids, as Abby said, started arguing among themselves again, until a soldier, drenched from head to toe because of the rain, barged in the room." Cub from K-unit is required in the sergeant's office," the man said before leaving.
"I still have my earing," Cub cried after him, but did as he was told.
"At ease, Cub," the Sarge said and continued," The heads of SO called. You are to pack your bags and go wait for a car they are sending at the gates. You are dismissed."
Knowing he didn't have time to tell Ben, or anybody else for that matter, of his sudden departure, Cub went straight to k-unit's cabin to fetch his things. He made the bunk before going at the gates entrance. There was no car, which he knew would be black, in view, so he chose to wait, not that there was many options anyway, in the rain itself.
______meanwhile_____
"Cub is still not back."
"So?"
"It's been a while."
"I don't think fifteen minutes can be considered a while, Eagle."
"But what if something happened? Nobody would know in that rain."
"Becoming soft, Eagle?"
"Says who?"
"The best spy ever?"
"The ex-SAS soldier, now spy who adopted his partner."
"You would have done the same," Fox muttered under his breath.
"So... you two have been keeping contacts for two years?"
"We've been staying together for the last two years. How do you want us not to keep contacts?"
"..."
"Cat got your tong, Eagle?"
"Shut up, you two."
"Just because you're the leader doesn't mean you can tell us what to do."
"Eagle... it's his job to tell us what to do."
"None of you have common sense."
"Cub is more mature than you, yet he is half your age."
"See? Shark agrees."
"The Sarge is taking awfully long to talk to Cub."
"Why do you think the Sergeant wanted to talk to him?"
"How would we know, Eagle?"
"Alex is a trouble magnet. It could be about anything."
"Alex?" All heads turned to Mr Scott. It was obvious they had forgotten he was there.
"Alex will so kill me," Fox said, putting his head in his hands.
"Well, good luck, Fox," Eagle said patting his teammate on the back," I'm going to see if Cub is in the cabin."
"Wait for me," Shark said before joining Eagle.
"And me," Snake called after the two men and he left Fox and Wolf with Mr Scott.
Fox signed. How could he have let something like that slip?