Chapter 1

I stood at the edge of the lake. The witch told me that I could have anything I wanted, anything i could possibly wish for. I stared at the coin in my hands, my fingers traced the various bumps and ridges that made up the strange symbols inscribed on the surface. I knew what I wanted, i wanted what i once had. i had a true family, friends. the image of a servant boy intruded in to my mind, but i pushed it down, down with all the other memories and desires. The hate and bloodlust I once clung to was gone. Replaced only by loneliness and longing. Memories flashed before my eyes: Gwen holding me as I cried and shook after one of my dreaded nightmares, laughter at the dinners I shared with Uther, Arthur playfully glaring at me as I taunted him about how I used to beat him at sword fighting, and Merlin. Merlin bringing me flowers, Merlin awkwardly listening t my ramblings on Arthur as i changed (to this day he still doesn't know that I knew that it was him and not Gwen), Merlin standing strong for my as the druid boy's mentor was executed, Merlin staring down at my rasping form sorrow and self-loathing in his eyes. I betrayed all of these people for what? A heart full of hate, a name that strikes fear into the minds of everyone?

I look back onto the day I found the hidden spell book my half-sister ,Morgouse, hid away. The page that fell out answered my questions of what happened that day my heart filled with hate, the day the Knights of Medhr attacked a defenseless citadel. My death being the only way to save all of the people of Camelot. Merlin, who I thought only poisoned me out of spite, the choice he had to make! His friend or the welfare of all of Camelot? His hand was forced to make a heart-wrenching decision, and all I've done is make his life a living hell for it.

My mind was set. I made my wish, screamed it from the deepest parts of my mind, and threw the coin with all my might into the depths of the dark lake. I waited but nothing happened. I felt the last bit of my hope fading away when something began to happen. The middle of the lake began to gently swirl. It gained size and speed as it's edges made its way to me. The current was to strong and it swept my feet out from under me, and I was pulled under the water where I was to die or receive my wish.