The Sun- Thoughts and Memories

The Sun, before going to rest after a lengthy shift, took one more desperate glance at the world he was leaving temporarily. The Earth...The very same world yet so different from what he remembers it used to be. So many changes had taken place over a span of a million years. Once as silent as a grave, yet as beautiful as heaven. Nature, flowers, rivers. Then along came humans. Perhaps it was a coincidence, perhaps it was true, the Sun never saw the earth the same way again. No more tranquil pleasantries from centuries ago.

In the beginning humans were very grateful, humble folk. The sun stayed as they pleased, giving off merely a mellow warmth. They even worshipped him. He remembered past times, his glory at its finest. But now.....The Sun peeked again at the tiny sphere. The tiny beings on two legs dropped all ancestral traditions. The Sun has seen the worst that can happen. Pollution, furnaces, smoke. Death, destruction, poverty. Making profits from rending nature's creations. Slicing trees to make room for their pathetic buildings and roads. One wave and all these big-headed buffoons would perish. Yet, they carry and feed themselves like of the Gods themselves. The Sun shuddered. Maybe tomorrow, they would repent and reflect a little more about their wrongdoings. Maybe tomorrow, they might be a little more considerate. He sighed heavily and fell into a slumber of renewed hopes.