Chapter 10: Manjuu Grand Prix PT.2 (Revised)

November 29, 1944
4:21am
Main Eagle Union base
Eagle Airfield

3rd PoV

After the two-day flight from the Azur Lane Main Base, the group of cruisers finally arrived at the Eagle Airfield.

"Uuuuuugggghhhhh"

*Yawns*

"Five more minutes"

Those were only few of the responses as the gang seemed to be groggy and half asleep, but as the one leading the team, Helena knew it was time to unload the cargo and head straight to the Laguna Seca Raceway. She then urged herself to give out commands.

"Guys lets get going! We dont wanna be late for the practice!", Helena ushered the rest.

"Can we get something to eat first?", groaned Port Royal as he rubbed his eyes to get a clearer vision.

"Yeah, sounds good to me.", Mobile Bay said in the back.

"Ok fine, we'll be eating at McDonald's today.", She said.

Upon hearing this, the rest of the team's eyes widened and their mouths started drooling at the thought of the said fast food restaurant.

And with that said the team then ran excitedly into the airport building. Helena just facepalmed at the scene.

"What am I gonna do about this? I mean they left me with the equipment and tools for the race stuck in the plane.", She sighed whilst holding her forehead.

Just then, a cute little yellow chicken got her attention by tapping her leg.

"Huh?", She said looking down to see what it was.

She then saw a little manjuu.

'I forgot I actually had brought a squad of these little guys to help with the race', she thought.

"Ju", said that little dude.

She seemed to understand at the simple and short remark and proceeded to reply.

"Your gonna bring the stuff to the Raceway?", She asked in order to clarify what the Manjuu said to the readers.

Author: *goes to flex tape shop* IlL tAkE yOuR eNtIrE sToCk...

Back to the story....

"Ju", the chicken said with a nod.

"Thats brilliant! Thanks so much! I need to get going now if i want to eat chicken nuggets for breakfa-", she purposely cut herself mid sentence as she saw the little guy shivering in fear.

"I-i dont mean you little dude.", She said, patting its head.

"Ju", the Manjuu then walked away to carry out it's job.

'Oh shoot gotta get going!', she then took of running after the rest of the cruisers.

Timeskip brought to you by the team having a food fight against the staff and other customers....

4:58am

After one hearty breakfast later, the team then boarded the bus to get to the Raceway.

In the van where they're using, the others continued their lost sleep, others playing UNO, and others just chat with each other about the race.

Timeskip brought to you by Cleveland crying because she lost the UNO battle...

5:49am

Upon arriving at the track their eyes were in awe.