Chapter 11

Mouse kept pulling the canine until they reached the inside of the tower, to which he let go of the collar. Loki slipped away to the furthest corner, under the medical bed. He curled his tail around him as he brushed off the growing pain from his wounds. Oh how much he hoped he did more damage to the dog that started it.

Mouse mumbled to the lifeguards at the front before leaving once again.

Loki was pretty sure he looked like a scared stray that had just been picked on by a group of dogs.

Crimson blood soon dripped onto the floor with a steady beat. Sure, he survived a few kicks to the chest by deer in the wild, which possibly broke a few ribs, but a pierced neck and a half ear? He was proud of himself for not giving in during the fight.

Deano entered the tower, kneeling down by the bed after hearing what had happened over the radio. He encouraged the wolfdog out. And when said canine did, he quickly got to disinfecting his wounds and bandaging them up, making a quick mental note to take Loki to the vet sooner rather then later.

When the man left to go back to his position on the beach, the Malinois mix scrambled back under the bed, curling into a ball, thinking. He would now probably be known as the 'aggressive lifeguard dog that initiated a fight that broke another dog's bone," and he would probably be feared. Loki couldn't talk, but if he could he would explain the situation, "It was self defence," he would say.

At least he did what he thought was right, right?

His thoughts were interrupted by a familiar Doberman crawl under and laid beside him, resting his chin on the wolfdog's back. For some reason, this brought the two dogs comfort and a feeling of safety. Both were protected at last.