Chapter Thirteen - Annabeth - A Message

"Annabeth please, let me talk to you." Percy pleaded. He was currently leaning against Annabeth's door. How did he expect her to forgive him for kissing Reyna! And bosons of her best friends was just kidnapped.

"In the name of Athena herself, Percy, leave me alone! I don't want to see you." Annabeth said, clutching an owl shaped pillow to her chest. Tears cascaded down her cheeks as she stars at the pillow. He'd gotten it for her for their five year anniversary this year and he also gotten her an engagement ring. Of course, he hadn't proposed to her, but she found out. She had sources and there was certain gossipy love goddess who's world revolves around Percy and Annabeth's relationship. Was it over now? She didn't know. She definitely knew that she still loves that idiot but will she ever trust him? He's in love with Reyna and Annabeth! That is not okay, after all that they have been through, he would throw it all away for one kiss with Reyna. Or could she find the forgiveness to take him back? For now, she wanted to be alone.

"Okay, I'll just stay here." Percy said sadly.

Just as Annabeth began to calm down, a blood curdling shriek sounded from the deck. it came from Piper. Within seconds, Annabeth unsheathed her dagger and flung open the door. She was at the deck in moments. She may or may not have accidentally hit Percy with the door on her way up.

Annabeth found Piper kneeling over a body, sobbing and a harpy flying away in the distance. As she got closer she realized that it was Calypso... Annabeth covered her mouth with her hands in surprise. She couldn't speak. It was just her and Piper crying over Calypso's dead body. Her throat was slashed, but her eyes were still open. She clutched onto a note.

"Piper look." Annabeth pointed out the note.

Piper plucked the note from Calypso's bloody, yet dainty fingers. Piper gave it to Annabeth.

"Take it, I...I can't." Piper said. Shakiness hinted in her voice.

It was written in Ancient Greek.

Come on and get your friends, I'm starting to get impatient. Hazel cries too much. Tell Leo, this had nothing to do with him. Reyna was being a bad girl and I had to punish her. You know, Annabeth, I almost killed her for you. But then I remembered, this is about some one else on your crew. We're in Athens, by the way. You take it from there. Time is running out.

How did they know it would get to Annabeth? She had so many unanswered questions. She shoved the note in her pocket as the rest of the crew made their way up to the deck. Everyone had their own way of grieving. Leo cried and cried. Frank turned into a dog and whined for a long time. Jason shed a few tears before sniffing and crossing his arms. Nico kept mumbling curses to himself. He shadow traveled to who knows where just when Percy tried to hug him. So Percy ended up tripping and falling to the ground next to Annabeth.

Annabeth gave in and leaning her head on Percy's shoulder. "I forgive you." she whispered. "I can't loose any one else." she cried into his shoulder.

Liberty was a little late to deck. "Hey guys I have a theory about Calypso..." She paused when they had come into her view. "What's going on?"

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry about her. I'll let you guys be." Liberty backed away and retreated to Reyna's room where she was staying.

Percy ran his hands through Annabeth's hair as they all cried over Calypso's corpse. Annabeth couldn't tell whether who cried more, Piper or Leo. Annabeth took the note from her pocket and handed it to Leo. His expression changed as he read the note. He wrapped it up and threw it over the edge, making it hit one of the paddles on the lower deck.

They stayed there for the rest of the night, one by one the crew began leaving to their rooms. Leo stayed with Calypso, weeping.

"I was going to marry you. We had a future together. I loved you. How could you be gone? Calypso come back...." he whispered. Annabeth and Percy decided to give him space. Nothing was worse than the loss of some one you love. Annabeth stayed with Percy in his room until the morning.

A knock came from the other side of his door. It was Frank. His tired eyes stared at them. A tear streaked down him cheek.

"Annabeth, you read the note." Frank said. "Is Hazel okay?"

"I, uh...I don't know. It didn't say. But I remember it saying that she cries too much. I think that means she's still alive." Annabeth replied.

"Thanks, I just need to know." Frank said. "By the way, Leo wants everyone in the kitchen in 10 minutes." He closed the door and made his way to kitchen.

"Percy promise that you'll never cheat again." Annabeth said staring right into his sea green eyes.

"I promise. It was a mistake. I'm an idiot and I love you and no one else." He said.

Annabeth stood up quickly and stared down at him. "Yep, I agree. You are an idiot." For the first time in a day, Annabeth smiled and helped Percy get onto his feet.

He held onto her hand as they made their way to the kitchen. Only Leo was there. He was staring the wall directly in front of him. He hadn't slept. She could tell by the dark circles under his eyes and his zombie like behavior.

"Leo..." Percy tried to comfort him but Leo just pushed him away.

"I'll be fine." he muttered. Frank arrived with the rest of the crew behind him. They knew to let Leo be.

"We're going to Athens." Leo cleared his throat and continued. "We'll be there in about two hours."