28. A Healer's Gift

Pure Vanilla's POV
I smile at the baby blue bird resting on my window sill. "Hello, Blue Bird." I walk over and rest out my finger as the bird hops on and tweets a small melody.

Before I could do more, I hear my office door swing open. "Pure Vanilla!" I hear.

The blue bird resting on my finger freaks out and flies away into the night sky. I take a deep breath. "Madeleine Cookie." I turn around, "What do you-"

"Espresso's dad hit him," Madeleine quickly explained. He held Espresso close to him as he quietly cried in pain. "Please help him! He's hurting really bad..."

I widen my eyes looking at the sight. "Just a moment ago, they were dancing and kissing..." I mutter to myself. I quickly clear my table and allow Madeleine to rest his friend on it. "Have you checked the marks?" I asked, "If there are any, that is."

Madeleine shook his head, "I was too nervous, I-I didn't want to hurt him."

"No worries. I will check." I walk up to the table, "Can you take off your shirt for me, Espresso." I kindly smile.

I watch his face tilt hesitantly, but he unbuttons his suit with shaky and unsteady hands. As he slips it down slowly, I look at his back expected a small bruise.

My face loses color. "I..." I wanted to make a sly joke in that moment for Madeleine. I knew he had a thing for Espresso, heck, Princess told me herself that they kissed during their dance. I didn't want to make any jokes right now, though.

"What's wrong?" Madeleine quickly asked. He ran next to me to stare at Espresso's bare back. We both felt shocked, I knew we did. "Starlight..." I hear him whisper. He suddenly tears up and runs out of the room.

Espresso jumped, "Madeleine?" he called out. No answer.

I frown and feel his back. It was covered in bruises, no skin was seen by my eyes. There were scratches and blood stains splattered on, and not to mention he was still shaking like he was freezing cold.

Right as I was ready to heal him, Espresso turned quickly with teary eyes. "You guys are emotional." I mutter.

"Where did he go?" he asked chocked up.

I shrug and place my hand on his back immediately healing him. "You're healed now," I tell him, "You can go check."

Espresso jumped from the table, but Madeleine poked his head out with a worried face. Espresso ran to him and hugged him tightly. I smiled. They were so cute :)

Madeleine looked up at me and nodded, "Thank you..." he whispered.

I smile and nod, "Anytime." I hand Espresso his soulstone and sigh, "Here is this for you."

Espresso looked at it and smiled, "Ah, thank you." He stared at it and laughed, "You're a very lucky healer! At home, if your soulstone was cracked, you would have to deal with all the effects until it truly broke." he frowned, "Then you would be dead."

I widen my eyes. "You live in THAT village, huh..." I mutter. I look at my map of the entire world and stare at a certain village.

Espresso sighed and nodded. He chuckled quietly, "Yeah it... It's not fun there... For a long long time, my sister was heartbroken. One of her best students broke there soulstone and she watched them die on their death bed."

"That's horrible!" I gasp. "Is Latté ok now?"

Espresso shook his head, "She pretends it's fine, but she suffers from major PTSD." he whispered. Madeleine held onto him tightly as he carefully listened.

"I see..." I look at the map and smile. "Perhaps I could pay a visit there. Thank you, Espresso Cookie." I bowed down with a smile.

Madeleine smiled, "No, Thank YOU." he whispered taking Espresso out of the room and gently shutting the door.

I smile for a moment. I frown quickly. The room felt so dark and quiet. I walk over to the map and move it slightly viewing a small picture of my own love. "White Lily..." I kiss the picture as tears fall down my face. "I miss you... so much..."

I hear a bird tweet as it hops back on my window sill and jumps up in the air and few times. I smile and wipe my tears. "Hello... Blue Bird..."

PURE VANILLA LOVE TRIANGLE COMING SOON :}