11. Good Morning

Espresso's POV
I woke up that morning in Madeleine's arms. In shock, I sat up and smacked him across the face. "MADELEINE I TOLD YOU NOT TO FRICKING CUDDLE WITH ME!"

Still tired and slightly doozy, Madeleine groaned rubbing his eyes, "You're the one who went to cuddle me, I didn't do anything g wrong..." he muttered.

I blush and look away, "I-I'm sorry I just..." I shake my head and lay back down in his arms.

"Mm... you like this~" Madeleine groaned wrapping his arms around me. He giggled and pet my head, "You're a cutie~"

"Are you drunk? This isn't funny!" I sigh.

Madeleine flipped to his side still holding on tight to me. "Let's go back to sleep. You're so warm and like... It's the weekend, I'm off," he opened his eyes slightly adjusting me to where I was under his chin.

I scoff and sit up. I blush at him calling me warm, but I hide it. "We have to get ready for the day, Madeleine... I-"

"Aww," Madeleine whimpered, "You said it cuter in your sleep..." he frowned and pulled me back down onto the bed.

Shit. Fuck. I forgot... "S...Said what in my sleep..."

"My name," he giggled.

My feel my entire life collapse in that very moment. Since I was little, Latté and I suffered from severe sleep talking. Hers wasn't as intense, but I slept talked often. Maybe everytime I slept, actually.

I cover my red face and panic, "I-I said your name in my sleep??"

"Over and over... and over again~" Madeleine smiled petting my head again.

I roll my eyes and hop out of bed takin my glasses from the nightstand and plopping them on. I felt refreshed. I always found it so hard to sleep, I'm practically sleep deprived.

I felt so exhausted from being stabbed in the fucking leg and meeting the hottest guy I've ever seen so I found it decently easy to sleep last night. I hope that I feel ok to sleep tonight as well, otherwise it would feel awkward staying up late while Madeleine's asleep.

"Well, let's go get breakfast-" Madeleine sat up and stared at me, "I forget... you can walk ok, right?" he asked.

I scoff and walk around. I try to forget the pain still there in the wound so that, if I do make it, I can still dance with Madeline on the day of the ball. N-No, why do I want to dance with him so bad?! I'm just wanting my parents to be proud is all... right?

Madeleine chuckled and stood lifting me up like a potato sack. "I don't want to tire your legs, princess."

"PUT ME DOWN!" I scream whisper not wanting to wake anyone else in the castle. He ignores me and walks downstairs as I punch his back and kick around.

Madeleine's POV
We enter the dinning hall a few minutes later. I smile at how light and cute Espresso is. He was acting so adorable I wanted to squeeze him.

"Good morning, Madeleine!" Princess smiled waving to us.

When we arrive at the table, I sit Espresso next to me. "Good morning, Princess. Knight. Other princess~" I wink at Espresso as I sit him down and now holding his hand. I kiss the top of it and smile.

Espresso yanked his hand away, "I'm a fucking guy..." he muttered.

"That doesn't mean you can't be my princess." I tell him, "Are you saying only women can be princesses? I thought you were better than this Espresso." I cross my arms and sit close to him.

"N-No!" he stutters, "I am just saying that the royal roles describe that it makes no sense for men to be princesses! They can be princes, sure, but-"

"You're so cute when you talk like that~" I sigh staring into his eyes. For some reason, I knew that would shut him up. He looked down and away from me with a cute red face.

Princess giggled looking at Knight, "Mother, Pure Vanilla and Rapberry were going to join us this morning, but they were all too busy." Princess rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Raspberry..." I hear Espresso whisper, "Is that one of the musketeers that works here? I may know her." he asked Princess.

Confused, Princess giggled and nodded, "Yeah, she is! Where do you know her from?"

"My sister's college class toured this kingdom one time in met her, is all..." he smiled.

Princess smiled with him as Knight passed around our breakfast. Today we were having omletes and rice. Since Knight already knew our favorite morning drinks, he brought those out, too. Knight glared at Espresso, "What would you like you drink, Sir?"

Espresso looked up at him, "Black coffee, no sugar, thank you." he smiled softly.

For some reason I couldn't stop staring at him as he ate. He was so perfect in every way. He even put his napkin on his lap. I almost always forget that part.

I felt like I was on clouds watching him eat. "Madeleine? MADELEINE." I hear. I snap out of whatever I was in and stared at Knight. "Stop staring at your friend like that and eat. We have practice after this." he muttered.

"Y-Yes, sorry..." I quickly ate my omlete as Espresso stared at me confused and drank his coffee. He was so cute drinking his coffee.

After we were done, Espresso took the napkin and dabbed it gently to his soft lips. He took the bag Latté gave him the night before with his night stuff and took out a few coins, "So, how much?" he asked.

The entire room raised a brow. "How much?" Princess scoffed, "Oh, no, you don't need to pay-"

"No no no," Espresso stood and counted a few coins, "I ate your food, I've used your water, I've slept with the commander..." he blushed and looked away. "Like... it wasn't bad but... No, not like that I..." he shook his head and shoved the coins in Princess's hands, "Just take it... no change needed, thank you."

Princess stared at the money frowning, "I can't take this," she gave it back and smiled to Espresso.

Shocked, Espresso took a step back, "But-"

The grandfather clock rang. "Time for practice, Mad." Knight stood and smacked my shoulder. "We'll go to practice while Princess babysits Espresso and has a tea party with him."

"What- wait, but I-"

"'Lets go, Madeleine."