Chapter 19: Rescue on Ryloth

Orla stayed up most of the night, evaluating what she and Zelda talked about only a few hours prior. Knowing what she knew about Anakin, she conflicted over if she had played a part in Anakin's turn to the dark side. Had she seen Anakin as a sith with her own eyes, no? But she had already convinced herself that it only made sense for Anakin to be Sidious's apprentice. 

Orla sat at a table, the only light source coming from her Holocron where she was looking through the chosen one prophecy. Searching for anything that could answer her questions. With these new life-changing events tied with the Jedi, maybe something could be connected with the prophecy, anything.

"Only through the sacrifice of many Jedi will the Order cleanse the sin done to the nameless. The danger of the past is not the past but sleeps in an egg. When the egg cracks, it will threaten the entire galaxy. When the force itself sickens, past and future must split and combine. A chosen one shall come, born of no father, and through him will balance in the force be restored."

Orla connected the first line of the prophecy with Order 66, "the sacrifice of many Jedi to cleanse the sin done to the nameless." Could the nameless possibly be the clones? She theorized what exactly was "balance" according to the prophecy. To the Jedi it meant riding all dark side users but can you have light without dark? Could balance mean the same amount of Jedi as Sith? If Anakin killed many Jedi could restoring balance means killing many Sith or even just Sidious? As she read over each line more and more she realized that looking through the prophecy was not helping and only confusing her more. Instead, she went back to bed before she ran out of time before dawn and let the theories settle down.

☆☆☆

Orla looked over the prophecy the next morning as she had left the Holocron on her table from last night. She shut it down and returned it to the pocket of her robes, today wasn't the day she was going to solve the mystery of the chosen one. There was a light knock on the window, it was Echo, the squad had returned from their mission. She let them in and Omega started to ramble on about her new friend as soon as she stepped through the door.

"Her name's Hera, she came aboard our ship. She wants to be a pilot, she told me all about flying, that it's about a feeling."

"Really? Well, I'm sure she's right."

Omega giddily skipped by Orla and Tech came up behind her, overhearing Omega's new thoughts on flying.

"I still don't get it, the 'feeling.'"

"Yeah," Orla patted him on the shoulder and started to walk off, "you probably won't."

"Wait, what's that supposed to mean?" Tech followed after her.

"So the job was successful?" Orla switched up.

"Well, yes."

Hunter starts calling them from the door. Outside he holds a recorded transmission. Tech takes a look and says he does not recognise the frequency so he starts to play it. The message is from a young Twi'lek girl who addresses Omega and gives her name.

So this is Omega's friend?

"Omega, it's Hera. You have to come back to Ryloth, the Empire has taken my parents and they're after me now too. I'm sending coordinates, please hurry, I need your help."

The message finished and the hologram collapses, an unimpressed Hunter addressed that Omega gave her their comn channel to which Omega explains it was for emergencies and the situation seems urgent.

"Perhaps the situation is not as dire as described, children often overreact," Tech tried to explain.

"No, we don't!" Omega takes offence and Orla stuck to Omega's side saying that children have great instincts.