Chapter 9: Connections

While Hunter returned to his ship, Orla stopped to check the tracking beacon. Her hands froze when she noticed the beeping had stopped, the tracker had been disabled.

Dank ferrik, they know, they know I'm here.

It was more impeccable to see if these clones were a threat, in fact, it was her last chance. She reoriented, pivoting on her heels as her poncho followed her spin hooking around her body. Picking up speed, she walked past the busy street to hopefully find the Marauder and the remaining members.

Hunter, now feeling completely repaired, picked his feet up to omit back to the ship and get off this moon. He continued down a straight path until he felt something strange in his frequencies. The

They became alarmingly louder as he continued his way. This has never happened before, maybe his mutations were malfunctioning, is that even possible? Was he having a sensory overload? Hoping to drown the noise, he turned in another direction down a quiet alleyway. The noise continued to grow, irritating every part of his body.

Orla kept up her pace until she felt something tingle down the back of her neck like someone was behind her. Instantly, she turned around, but all she saw was the streets of Pantora filled with crowds of civilians; nothing stood out. Taking a deep breath, she allowed the force to guide her through a path until she came into an alleyway. Someone else was here.

A wall between each side separated the two, but Hunter and Orla were standing at opposite ends, aware of each other's presence. Eventually, they identified with each other. In perfect unison, they stepped forward closer to each other. Their hands spread evenly against the rough texture of the wall. Hunter could feel her hand through his senses. Large but dainty hands hovered around the wall still unsure. He couldn't feel her skin, only the leather from her gloves. Hunter started to recognise the electromagnets and it finally hit him.

♫♫♫

It's you.

Orla felt so close to them that she could feel the tingle reach down to her spine. The Jedi never explained this feeling, her heart was racing but not of nerves, an anxious feeling that travelled down her stomach. But, she wasn't nervous. She listened to the force and found herself reaching towards the bricks in front of her, her hands spread out to where the connection felt the strongest. Yoda would always remind her of how little we know about the force, deeper meanings rise up to the surface for the Jedi to discover every day. Was this just something that had never been discovered in the force?

When her fingertip grazed the rough texture of the wall, she felt a small spark and she backed off. Not until she tried it again, and this time laying her whole palm, less afraid. She could feel their hand against hers, the size and placement being so alike to where she was. Could it possibly be another Jedi? Impossible, they were dead, not all of them but not enough to run into one accidentally. This person would have to have... heightened senses. It finally hit her.

It's you.

She thought about jumping over the wall to face the clone, though it was a bad idea. That she still wasn't sure about what side they were on and that it was better to find out unnoticed. So she backed off and stepped onto the previous path she was taking, eventually, she lost the connection and continued her way back to find the Marauder.

Hunter felt her presence move away but he wanted to follow. Knowing Wrecker had gone after Omega, he should have had enough time to follow her to get an idea of what she was doing. Why had she tracked them here? What was she doing on Onderon? Does she know about the Jedi? However, his comlink beeped furiously, he had been gone for too long.

"Hunter, I need an update on your whereabouts. Have you located the Jedi?"

"I... I think so," Hunter hesitated, gazing towards the direction Orla escaped to. Hunter could hear Tech sigh through the comlink.