Chapter 11 // Morning Talk

Dream woke up feeling refreshed and ignored the slight aches he felt in his body. As he stretched he felt his leg kick something. He turned over and saw George fast asleep. Well how the hell did I end up here? As he reached over to check the time on his phone, he felt George kick him. Dream kicked back, and a soft grunt came from the brunette as he blinked himself awake.

"Don't kick me," he mumbled.

"Ay, you kicked me first."

"Let's all remember who needed to be snuggled so he could fall asleep last night," George retorted.

"What?"

"I knew you wouldn't remember," George laughed to himself, sitting up in his bed.

"What are you talking about?"

"You were basically sleepwalking half of the night when we got back from bowling. You said 'hey beautiful' in the car and then you said you missed sleeping in the same bed together like how we did when we first moved in."

George just ripped the bandaid off and didn't want to leave out any details. He believed Dream deserved to be aware of what he said last night. Not really his fault for sleepwalking anyway.

An apparent blush quickly rose on Dreams face and glowed bright red in the late morning sunlight. He let out a simple "oh" and got out of George's bed. He left their bedroom to go make some food for himself and to ignore the embarrassment of facing George.

George however, didn't care that Dream clearly wanted to be left alone. He wanted to talk it out. So he put on some socks and greeted Dream in the kitchen.

"Hey," George greeted.

Dream ignored the greeting and immediately apologized for last night.

"I'm sorry about last night. Truly I- I have zero memory of any of that. I would never want to make you uncomfortable."

"Dream what are you talking about? You don't need to apologize for anything."

" 'Hey beautiful'? Who says that? That's- that's weird George."

"Really, it wasn't-"

"Did I actually say I missed sleeping in the same bed together?"

Dream seemed upset. Whether he was upset at George or himself, George couldn't tell.

"Yeah... why are you so upset about it though?" George asked calmly, he didn't want to upset him any further by asking more questions.

"Oh- I don't mean to be... I'm not upset, George. Just... embarrassed I guess."

"Well you don't need to worry about anything. I'm your best friend, I'm not gonna judge you for any sleeping problems you might have."

"Right... thanks... but c'mon, 'hey beautiful' ? I mean... who says that?" Dream repeated.

"Uhmmm, people who think I'm beautiful?" George joked.

It was a bad joke but it lightened the mood between the two and it released tension in both of them.

George walked around the kitchen counter and gave Dream a hug. Dream squeezed back and George sighed into his chest.

"I'm sorry for making fun of you."

"Waddu mean?"

"This morning... after you kicked me back, I made fun of you for 'needing to be snuggled' or something. I'm sorry."

"Oh, don't worry about it. It's true tho, I like being snuggled," Dream laughed quietly.

"Me too," George whispered quietly into his chest, not caring if Dream heard him or not.

Dream definitely heard and would remember that George likes to be snuggled just as much as he does. They ate breakfast and carried on throughout their day, working on a small renovation project in George's streaming office.

sorry for another short chapter, the next one will be longer i promise

don't forget to drink some water and eat! ily <3