Crash Course

Sorry about the lateness! I'd forgotten to update on here! Hope you enjoy!

=#=#=#=#=#=#=

A happy grin lifted Harry's face. A wizard. He was a wizard.

But his memories juddered – a wizard? He couldn't possibly be a wizard.

Memories flooded back – exact details were absent, but Harry could taste the magic. He vaguely remembered using magic to claw his way from killer vines, to solve riddles in a dark maze, to defy superiors by creating secret clubs. He recalled his excitement, his elated nature, on each occasion where he wielded his wand. Each time, he was grateful.

"You're a what, sorry?" asked Piper, who brought him back to reality. Without warning, he turned on his heel and threw his arms around them, into a hug. He only needed to see how they reacted to know that they were confused – they stood there, leaving him hanging, until Leo patted his bag.

"Yay," he said, before he paused, "… Why are we hugging in the middle of a train station?"

Harry let them go, and inhaled a deep breath. He found himself smiling stupidly, "I'm a wizard."

Neither of them reacted – Piper just glanced at Leo with a non-verbal message that suggested he was crazy. Leo laughed sheepishly.

"Harry, did that sleep on the outside of the ship make you go loco-moco?"

Harry shook his head, "No, I swear. I'm a wizard," he fell into whispers, "I have a wand, like the Cleansers do. I have a pet owl, and a broomstick, and friends that are wizards and witches and-"

"Woah, slow down there, man," said Leo, holding up his hands, "When I said all the Hecate stuff reminded me of witches and wizards, I was joking."

"But you were completely right," he still spoke in hushed tones, "Witches and wizards exist. They live undercover, a lot like demigods do. We have magic. I know it sounds like a bunch of Hecate children, but magic is passed down through genes. I'm not a son of Hecate. I'm a wizard. My parents are magical-"

Then Harry's heart tightened. He remembered his parents, a man that he took much of his appearance from and a woman of whom his green eyes descended. The Stag and the Doe. And he remembered what he had longed to have for such a long time – a family to call his own. His mother and father.

"My parents… my parents were magical," he found that recalling his deceased parents caused his shoulders to sink and the happy memories to push back into the back of his mind.

Neither of them seemed to detect his sadness, "Okay," said Piper, taking a deep breath, "Well, I believe you, for now. You always thought the son of Hecate thing was a bit dodgy, didn't you?"

She turned to Leo, but he scrunched up his face, "I don't know. I seriously was joking around when I talked about witches and wizards, but if they're actually walking around the planet right now… that's a bit of a bombshell."

"Come on," I said, "We need to go back to the ship."

"The others – they won't be back until five," Piper said, and Harry nodded.

"I know, so we'll have to wait," he said, "But the least we can do its let Frank and Annabeth know."

=#=#=#=

A spring in his step caused Harry to exuberate confidence when he strode along the streets of London. Part of him still couldn't believe he was a living wizard, part of him still thought he was the orphan son that lived as the family disappointment, part of him remembered how he had been bullied for being the 'loser' at primary school. But the rest of him tingled in excitement, like the magic that flowed through his veins.