Alright, you don't have a crush on the only boy you ever said was hot

~•~
Top: Mary-Grace Jones
~•~

"Ugh, you don't know how much I hate him! He's so annoying!" I told Mary. We were talking on the phone and it was probably the 368th time I said the same thing.

"I can only imagine, but still, I'm kind of excited to meet him, I mean... he's from Italy, probably like the best country in the hole world!!"she replied, but yeah, she REALLY LOVED Itay, she had been dreaming about visiting that country for ages.

"But you didn't answer to one question" she continued "is he hot?"

"Well..."

"OMG, he is! And if you say so, he is probably the most handsome boy in the hole universe, 'cause seriously, you never say that about someone " she was right, I could always find a flaw in a boy's appearance.

"I didn't say anything!" I argued.

"You hesitated, that's enough for me. I have known you since kindergarten, i think I can interpret your actions" good point.

"Fine! He's good looking!"

"Yes yes yes, I knew it! You like him!" she exclaimed.

"What the fuck! No way! I just acknowledged that he isn't ugly, not that I have a crush on him, which I don't" I claimed.

"If you say so..." Mary conceded, not really agreeing.

"Plus, I can't like him, because yesterday my father, too exited for his arrival, forgot to stop at the pancake shop, and we all know how much I love pancakes "

"All you say, bambolina" she joked.

"Don't you dare calling me like that or I swear I'll come to your house and... rip Mr.Cuddly" I threatened, knowing how much she loved her childhood teddy bear.

"You can hurt me but not my loved ones!"

"Wanna see?" I teased.

"You can't do that "

"Yes I can"

"No you can't "

"Ok, fine, you win, I can't do that, but just because I love that bear a lot too" I confessed.

"Abby, dinner is ready!" Mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Mary, i have to eat dinner now, mommy just called and we don't want her to be angry. I have to go, bye!" I told her. My mother was a pretty calm and gentle woman, but she totally transformed when she got angry.

"Ok, good night " than she handed the call.

I ran in the kitchen and found everyone already sitting around the table.

"Finally you're here, I was about to send Francesco to look for you" my dad said as I sat at my usual place, which happened to be just next to that annoying Italian.

"I was saying goodbye to Mary-Grace"

"Okay, but next time be quicker " he warned me, than he stared to eat and an awkward silence filled the room.

"So, Francesco, so far, do you like here?" my mother finally broke the silence.

"Oh yes, I think it's very nice here. I like the place, my room, the people" while saying the last word he looked at me, oh gods, he was such an asshole "but I can't say much about the city, I mean, I've just been here the hole time"

"Oh dear, you're right!" Dad exclaimed. Are we kidding, he just called him 'dear'! Oh, the world is coming a cropper!

"I've got an idea!" He continued, oh no I don't like his ideas "tomorrow you can visit New York and Abby can be your guide." Oh crap.

"Dad, actually..." I tried to find an excuse but he stopped me.

"No excuses Abigail, he is our guest and we have to treat him well. Plus, he can't go around the city alone, there must be someone to guide him"

"Alright" I mumbled.

"Good" Ugh, I hated him when he acted like this.

My parents continued asking questions for the rest of the night and Francesco, being the good guy the he isn't, answered politely to all of them. I didn't really participate much at the conversation, just a few 'oh, that's nice' or 'sounds very interesting' here and there. In truth, i was too occupied thinking about what was going to wait for me the next day.

We finished dinner after what seemed an eternity and finally I was able to escape that hell, even if for only a couple hours.

I arrived in front of my bedroom, when someone called my name.

"What do you want " I replied, recognizing the accent.

"Oh, don't be so rude, bambolina, I just wanted to thank you for tomorrow" he stated, his grin appearing on his face.

"You don't need to thank me, but my dad. If it was for me, you could stay at home with no problems" I rudely replied "and for god sake, could you stop calling me like that? I don't even know what it means!"

"Uhm, no, I think I'm going to stick to this nickname. And you should be happy, it means 'little doll'. Any girl would love to be called like that, especially by me" he grinned.

"Well, I'm not one of those girls, I'm sorry... In truth, I'm not!" I decreed, shutting the door. I heard him laugh outside. Jerk.

"Happy to hear that you love me too. See you tomorrow. Sweet dreams bambolina." Than he went to his room.

Ugh! He was such an asshole! I had never met someone who could get under my skin so easily, it was like he had been trained his hole life just to make me crazy! And he was doing pretty well!

Gods, how much I hated that guy! He was so, so.... annoying! But what I hated most it was that nobody could see it! He was like that only with me, I mean yes, he had flirted with all the girls that he had seen: the maid, her sister, the new reception girl... But he wasn't irritating with them, only with me. It was like I had won a special prize that I didn't ask for and I couldn't take back.

While thinking that I fell asleep half naked, oly with my underwear, too tired and furious even to put on my pajamas.