5 - Mine

Hallie wasn't up for the spa and instead spent her afternoon in the café, waiting for everyone else to finish up so she could spend her weekend chilling in her room. And that is exactly what she did. Tallulah tried to drag her back out but she had resonated to the idea of watching Netflix and sleeping. The last month had been exhausting for Hallie and she needed the rest so welcomed the quiet weekend with ease. However a quiet weekend makes a Monday morning even more difficult to contend with. She dragged herself out of bed and sleepily followed Tallulah onto the coach, realising that the thought of even seeing Louis filled her with dread.

"Oh, so your alive then!" Louis shouted over to her sarcastically.

Hallie ignored him, leaning her head back on the seat as the coach pulled away. She knew she didn't have much time to nap, but anything was better than listening to him for anymore than she was going to have to that day.

"Argh, fine. Ignore me. See if I care", he seethed, turning back around to chat with the guy next to him.

Tallulah shook her head and nudged Hallie, making her open her eyes to look at her. "What?" Hallie asked.

"You have got to sort this out with Louis, it is getting ridiculous. You were starting to get on and then suddenly you two are back at loggerheads together, throwing sarcastic comments here there and everywhere."

Hallie rolled her eyes, "it's all him, not me. I'm not a sarcastic comment type of person, I'd rather just not talk."

Tallulah grinned, "well for someone who doesn't do sarcastic comments, you're doing a pretty good job at batting back whatever he's got to say."

"He's just so arrogant, I can't stand it!" Hallie said, clenching her fists.

Tallulah shook her head, "not always Hallie. Sometimes arrogance is a mask for a more deeper emotion."

"Oh yeah, like what?"

Tallulah shrugged her shoulders, "I'm not going to give you all the answers Hallie, that would ruin the fun."

"Fun? What fun? None of this is fun!" Hallie replied.

Tallulah smiled, looking overly pleased with herself and stared out the window. "Oh Hallie Taylor, you have no idea."

Yet again, the week dragged by slowly. Hallie and Louis made their best efforts to make things difficult for each other, putting each other in difficult situations to climb out of whether it was in front of their manager, guests, or locking one another in different parts of the park to make the other one late. Hallie found as much as she disliked Louis, this game that they were playing made things more interesting, and made their relationship seem a little more real to the children that were watching them.

However, come Friday, after a restless night having nightmraes about her mum, Hallie wasn't in the mood for any of Louis' games. Tallulah tried to forewarn him, but Louis did his own thing and didn't listen to anyone. Hallie tiredly put on a brave face and as the afternoon parade started she stood looking dazed at the crowd.

"Hey, what's up with you? You've been a bundle of laughs today", Louis joked, trying to lighten the atmosphere. It was his way of trying to show that he cared without letting on too much his true feelings.

Hallie blinked a few times and turned to face him. "Huh? What did you say?"

Louis noticed the big bags under her eyes and her puffy skin like she'd been crying and felt himself want to hug her and pull her close, tell her he could take away all her pain and heartache if only she let him. "Are you okay?" he asked more caringly.

The Disney music started to blare out and Louis knew it was going to be their time on show soon. He knew that Hallie wouldn't be up for talking and waving to all the people in the park so decided to do the only thing he could think of to distract her. Their music started as Hallie stared at him, wondering what to actually say to him. No she wasn't okay, but could she trust that he cared enough to listen to her, or was it just a way of getting to her because she couldn't take anymore of his banter or silly games today.