All I Had Left

Turning away from Fred and Draco I looked at the room that we were to be confined to. It looked like a common room. Only it wasn't just decorated with one house but two. The Slytherin greens and silvers mixed here and there with the Gryffindor golds and scarlets.

In the dead center of the room was a circular fireplace. Wrapped around the fireplace was a crescent shaped couch. Behind the couch set against the wall was a bookshelf that was overflowing with books and to its left sat a record player.

What caught my attention further was near the back of the room. A spiral staircase led upwards to a second floor and on the second floor I could easily make out atleast three doors. Immeadiately I walked across the room and began climbing the staircase. On my immeadiate right was the first door. I walked forward and grabbed the knob before turning it and pushing open the door. There in the room sat two four-post beds.

The one on the left had a Slytherin look to it, the posts consisting of two ornate snakes that twisted upwards around one another. The other beside it was simple, the only thing that reminded me of Gryffindor was its golden curtains and the claw footing at the bottom.

At the foot of each bed were its sleepers trunks. It was quite obvious whose bed were whose without reading the names on them.

On the left wall was another door. Curiously I walked through it and found myself in a lavoratory. It was standard with sink fixtures, a shower and a toilet. It even had a bath. Beside the sink was one more door.

I walked through it and found myself in another room. The only difference here was that there was only one bed here and I knew it belonged to me.

I crossed the room to the bed and took a seat on my trunk that sat before it. Immeadiately tears began falling from my eyes for a reason I couldn't yet understand.

After a few minutes of tears my bedroom door opened.

"Gen you will not believe what is in the last room." Draco said.

I wiped my eyes and looked up. "What is it?"

His forehead scrunched up. "Were you crying?"

I faked a smile and shook my head. "Of course not. I was just had something in my eye like a dust, a twig, a branch or something." I replied carcastically. "So what you were saying about the last room."

Draco grabbed my hand and pulled me from the bedroom to the room nextdoor. When he opened the door I found myself staring at what looked like woods.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before I walked a few steps into the room. I stared amused. There before me in clear view was a large pond. To the left was a set of stone stairs covered in ivy. They had a the familar shadow cast over them that had intruiged me the first time.

I knew where we were. We were in the forest outside of Beauxbatons. But how? Then again I couldn't care as I remembered the memories that had come along with the forest. My pokemon.

I took off running up the stairs and through the familar path that I had taken many times until I came to the tree house that belonged to me. Opening the door I went inside and began climbing the circular stairs to the top floor where I knew my Pokemon would be.

After I had left Beauxbatons permanently I was told I had to return the pokemon to the forest because they weren't allowed at Hogwarts. They had been stuck in their pokeballs since they new year had began.

The first pokemon I let out was my Gardevoir. She wasn't used to being confined in a ball. She happily greeted me and then helped assist me in letting my other pokemon out. Fred and Draco were both excited to see their pokemon again.

"Why?" that was the only question I had despite the recent events.

The air behind me chilled and I tensed up. "Of course. Only you would want answers for questions unimportant to the current events." the familar voice of Snape sneered.

I turned around and gasped, dropping the pokeballs at my feet. I could hear the pokemon inside being released as I held the darkened gaze of the man that stood before me.

"Professor." I whispered.

He shook his head. "Miss Gryffindor, if you please." He beckoned me forward.

I didn't budge an inch. The last time I went with him somewhere I wound up in a basement being tortured by a crazed woman named Bellatrix. Though I trusted him after he confided his motive to me, I just felt something wasn't right.

"Genesis, Dumbledore would like a word."

I nodded my head and then followed him back out through the enchanted pokemon forest before we entered through the passage door that brought us back to the Room of Requirement.

He led me down the stairs and into the sitting room. There with his back to us was Dumbledore who was peering at something sitting on the mantle of the fireplace. A small clock maybe.

"Sir." Snape said, his voice wavering.

Once Dumbledore turned to face us he quickly left the room.

"You may want to sit dear child." He waved his hand towards one of the many chairs that were positioned in the room.

With my legs trembling I crossed the room and took a seat beside Fred who was occupying the small sofa. He grabbed my hand and laced his fingers through mine before gripping tightly. He must have felt it too. Something bad has happened. But what?

"Professor, what is it?" I asked my voice and body language I knew screamed that I was desperate for news as to what had happened.

For several seconds he just stared silently at me. His expression was that of pity but why?

"Please?" My eyes were beginning to sprout tears. "Tell me."

"There has been an attack."

I jumped to my feet. "Who is it?" Please tell me that my friends are okay!" I panicked.

Dumbledore held his hands up to silence me.

"Your friends are fine but your mother has been murdered."

It was as if my world began to crumble around me. Where there was once light was now darkness. Where there was warmth there was now only cold. It was like a huge weight had been sat on my chest and I was slowly suffocating.

My mother. My only living relative was now dead. I was alone. I was an orphan. My thoughts immeadiately went back to the time when Ron hated me because he feared I would steal his best friend. I remembered reassuring him that, that would never happen because we had nothing in common. Now we did. We were both orphans with no one left.

There was a stab at my chest as I recalled Harry mentioning an aunt and uncle and cousin that still lived. I had no relatives at all. None. Zilch. I was all alone.

What would happen to me now? Would I be able to continue my schooling or would they kick me out? Where would I live? Who would take care of me when I wasn't at school?

A gentle squeeze of my hand grabbed my attention and I realized Fred was still holding my hand. I turned around and he pulled me into a hug.

Now it became clear. All I had left were my friends.