Phantom

WARNING: Spoilers ahead. If you haven't read Phantom, do not read this chapter until you have. You have been warned.

Since the last chapter was Hidden, I decided to do another book by @/seasidestyles.

Phantom is a story about Jane Marx, a post suicidal teenage girl, who moves from California to Washington into an almost mansion like house with her parents. The house they move into just happened to belong to the Style's family. The family consisted of Harry Styles and his two parents. After the family moved out of the house it consisted of Mr and Mrs Styles and the late Harry Styles. It is later revealed in the book that he was murdered inside the house.

Harry is not technically gone, per say. Although he is not alive, he is a phantom, hence the title of the story. Once Jane moves into the house, Harry leaves little trinkets around the house that has something to do with him. One example is the first one, the photo of himself. Jane and Harry eventually meet and Harry explains his dilemma.

Harry is stuck in the middle between the dead and the living. All of the deceased stuck in the "middle" has unfinished business left on Earth. In order for Harry to cross over, he has to find his killer. At least that's what Jane thinks. So Jane agrees to help Harry find his killer.

Alright, now that I'm done recapping let's move on to the actual review.

Overall, Phantom is a beautifully written book. Just like Hidden it has so many surprises, turns, and plot twists that will make you sit on the edge of your seat until the very end. It's one of those books where you just have to pull an all-nighter for because you just can't put it down. I actually spent so much time reading it I forgot I had a big English essay due the next day. Oops.

Also very similar to hidden are the characters. (I'm sensing a theme here, Tess).

The only thing I really need to critique is the plot line. I absolutely love the book but, it's a little predictable. From the start, it's always hinting at how Max and Harry were best friends and Nate was sort of like the third wheel. Then again Harry says to Jane that, "We were like the 3 Musketeers" even though Max and Harry were two peas in a pod. Also, I noticed that he and Jane have almost no interaction compared to her and other characters. Nate is just there. Of course, this is no evidence that he murdered Harry but it helps.

Other than that Phantom is unexpected and interesting every time you read it.

A/N Um can we talk about the fact that this book HIT 1K! I didn't expect it to hit 100 like damn. Anyway sorry for taking so long to update and sorry that it's short! I'll do better next time, I promise.