Chapter 14

Shit just got serious!

.

.

After she left, I turned to Brownie who was being supported by Gracie and poured her heart out. I went to her, to talk and console her because crying is not good for her. She needs to be happy all the time. She's gone through so much.

I won't let the history repeat itself.

I bend down to touch her but she pushed me away. I tried to get closer to her but she slapped my hand away while she sobbed.

"Gracie, please give us sometime", I told her to leave. She nodded silently and left the room.

"Brownie..", I tried to reach out to her.

"I told you.. I told you to leave me! I told you about not coming here with me! I fucking told you!", she shouted at me.

"And I told you, I will protect you, no matter what!", I said as I sat down beside her. "No one will hurt you, I promise! I'll keep Savvy at bay", I promised her and vowed to stand by my words, no matter what.

 "No one will hurt you, I promise! I'll keep Savvy at bay", I promised her and vowed to stand by my words, no matter what

"Leave me alone, please", was all she said. But at this point, I was not in a position to listen to her. I stood up, bent down to her and picked her up in my arms.

"Ryan!!!,Stop it!!! Put me down!!!", she pushed me but I didn't even bulge. I didn't say anything and carried her to the room.

"Ryan, please put me down! What if she sees us again!!!????", She worried.

"Can you stop thinking about her and concentrate here? What you're doing is hurting our baby!", I carried her to the bed while she kept resisting, and pushing me to put her down.

Finally, when we reached the bed, I gently put her on the bed. Gracie walked in right after me as I had signaled her to bring the dinner in the room.

"Now, be a good girl and eat before you sleep. All you have to do it eat, sleep, repeat!", I said in an authoritative tone.

"I'm not hungry anymore!", she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Don't be stubborn or else, you know my ways!", I warned her.

"No please.. I'm really not hungry. Over eating can be bad for the baby!", she said and I did listen to her until, Gracie said otherwise.

"But sir, she hardly took two bites on the dinner table today", Gracie intervened as she played along with me.