1. Prologue

Author's Note: So, it's a different idea, but let me know if your interested in it! :)

- Kk -

---------------------------------------

Prologue

It was the middle of the day, and as far as I knew we were still in Georgia...or somewhere near it. I wasn't the best with directions – or a map. I heard something rustle in the bushes and I tapped my sister, Nikki's, shoulder and put my finger up to my mouth to tell her to stay quite. I stayed still and held my finger on the trigger of my gun. Soon, a walker came out from the woods, I looked around to see if there were any more and there were none. I grabbed the knife that was tucked into the back of my pants and walked up to the walker, stabbing it in the right temple of its head. I pulled the knife, noticing the blood that covered it, put it towards my pants and wiped it off – then sliding it back behind my belt loops. I turned around to see a man sticking his crossbow in Nikki's face and brought my gun up immediately.

"Okay, asshole. Put it down." I said to him, not afraid of him.

"Yeah. You wish." He responded in a raspy country voice. I step forward and he then pointed it towards me. I glared at him, not bringing my gun down.

"What? Is this a pissing contest?" I said and he brought the crossbow back to my sister. "I said put it down, asshole!" I gripped the gun harder, then felt the butt of a gun at the back of my head.

"How 'bout we play nice and you put the gun down?" I watched Nikki turn around and look at me with a worried look on her face. I brought my gun down, and placed it on the ground next to me. I saw a man's hands pick up the gun, feeling the gun against my head move down my back. He moved around me, and I now saw his face. He had the beginnings of a beard and you could tell he had been out in this world for a while. "What's your name?" He asked. I didn't answer. He glared at me.

"Scarlett." I titled my head towards Nikki. "That's Nikki."

"I'm Rick. This is Daryl."

"I would say 'nice-to'meet-you' but this prick had his crossbow in her face. You don't do well with first impressions, now do you?" I said to him, sweetly. He growled in response, and then paid attention to Nikki. I watched him closely as he studied her, ready to pounce.

"Where y'all from?" He asked her. She looked at me and gave no answer. "Don't look at her, princess. I asked you." She meet his gaze as he got back in her face. Still giving no answer. He cocked his crossbow up at her, ready to shoot. "I said, where y'all fr-"

"She's not going to answer you, dumbass." He bought his bow down, looking at her questioningly.

"And why not?" He came over to me, I laughed.

"Because she's deaf." I said.