Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Lauren’s POV

“Hey Lo?” Meredith asked making me snap out of my trace. I had been staring into Trevor’s sparkling eyes.

“Yes Mere?” I asked her wondering why she would pull me out of something so wonderful.

“Do you think you can go out to the bus and get me my chap stick?” she asked me with a smirk on her face.

“Why can’t you do it yourself?” I moaned. She smiled even wider, flicked her eyes down and then back to me. She was leaning against Brolden, blushing.

“Of course,” I thought to myself. They had only begun dating a few weeks ago and she freaked out inside every time something like that happened. I sighed.

“Okay fine.” I kissed Trevor on the cheek and got up. Grabbing my coat, I headed out into the cold Chicago air. I got halfway to the bus when I realized I forgot to ask where Meredith left her chap stick. I shot her a quick text.

Lo: Where is your chap stick?

Mere: Uh…. In Brian’s room…

I knew she was back in the restaurant blushing. I rolled my eyes and chuckled to myself. I continued walking and laughed at my own breath in the freezing air (wow I amuse myself so easily). I finally made it back to the bus and climbed aboard. I walked back to the room that Brolden shared with Walker and Joey. Joey… Where had he gone? My question was answered as soon as I walked into the door. On his bed lay the form of Joseph Richter. He was facing the wall but I could still see his chest rising and falling steadily. But he was shivering as well. I grabbed a blanket off the end of his bed and threw it over him. But as I leaned over him, I gasped.

Joey’s POV

I heard a soft noise from above me. My eyes fluttered open.

“Lo?” I asked confused when I saw her above me. She pulled away quickly.

“I’m sorry Joey, I shouldn’t have made a sound. I should have just gone. I should…” she rambled. I cut her off.

“Lo, it’s okay,” I said with a sad smile. She must have seen my face. I could tell that my eyes were red and puffy.

“Why..? Why were you crying?” she asked hesitantly. I sighed loudly.

“Oh, uh, it’s nothing really. I don’t think now is exactly the best time for me to talk about it. I’m sorry.” I just couldn’t bring myself to tell her. She was dating Trevor. I couldn’t ruin that! She would never talk to me again. Then I would definitely have no chance.

“Oh. Okay. Well I better get back to the restaurant before Meredith sends a search and rescue team for me.” She grabbed something off of Brian’s bed and briskly walked to the door.

“Lo?” I said quietly. She looked back at me with a pained expression on her face. I grimaced at the pain in her gorgeous honey/chocolate eyes. “Thank you.”

“For?” She questioned, confusion written on her face. It was obvious that she was holding back tears.

“For caring,” I replied simply with a sad smile.

“Of course.” She turned around and practically ran off the bus. I sighed and fell back against my pillow. I felt more warm tears fall down my cheeks. In a matter of minutes, I was fast asleep once more.