You're My Favorite Star

The day before Niall left was really hard for me. I woke up that day already feeling sad about the fact that he was going to leave me tomorrow for who knows how long. I was going to miss him so much. I laid in bed and just thought about the past few days with him. He made me feel so many emotions in such a short amount of time. I had never met anyone like him.

I sat up knowing that I couldn’t just lay there thinking about him all day or else it would end with me crying and I needed to save all of my tears for tomorrow because I knew that after he left, I would be a huge mess.

After getting out of bed, I threw on some clothes and decided to go downstairs for breakfast. Celia and Lexie were still asleep and I didn’t want to wake them so I went by myself. When I reached the lobby, I looked around and noticed that it was empty which confused me. Then I looked at the time. 5:00 AM. That explained the lack of people. I guess that I should’ve checked that before I came down here. I turned around to head back towards the elevator when it suddenly opened to a familiar face.

“Hey babe, what are you doing up so early?” Niall walked out of the elevator and towards me.

“I could ask you the same thing.” His face went blank and then his cheeks turned red as he answered me.

“To be honest, I couldn’t sleep. I was thinking too much about…. You know.”

“Same, but I don’t want to talk about it right now.” I felt tears behind my eyes but quickly controlled my emotions again. I couldn’t let him know that this upset me.

“So let’s not talk about it. How about we do something fun today? To help distract us.”

“Okay. What did you have in mind?”

“Well I was thinking something simple. But it’s a surprise so I can’t tell you yet! Go back upstairs for a while and then meet me back here around nine.” Normally I don’t like surprises but I said yes to Niall anyway. After we said goodbye, I went back upstairs to hang out and get ready.

I went through the usual shower and make up routine. I just did the basics since we were not going anywhere fancy and I kept my hair straight, parting it to the side. It was pretty warm outside so I put on dark jean shorts and a teal tank top that had a little pocket on the front. I didn’t know what we were doing so I put on my sparkly silver converse since they were cute and comfortable.

At 8:50, I decided to head downstairs. When the elevator doors opened, Niall was already there waiting for me. He was wearing a white t-shirt, jeans, red Supras, and a Snapback. He looked amazing even when he didn’t try.

“Hey Beautiful.” He walked over to me and kissed my cheek and then my nose before kissing my lips.

“Hey Nialler. So are you going to tell me where we are going yet?” I looked up at him hopefull.

“Nope. You’ll just have to wait and see!” He began laughing as I made an attempt to pout. I didn’t like it when I didn’t get my way.

He grabbed my hand and led me out the door. We started driving through the city and I had no idea where we were going. The drive was taking forever. I couldn’t help but glance up at Niall’s perfect face throughout the entire ride. He kept smiling so I knew that he had noticed. Normally I would’ve been embarrassed but he couldn’t seem to keep my eyes off of me either.

Finally Niall pulled off onto a dirt road and put the car in park to signal that we had reached our destination. I looked out of the window at our surroundings and I could tell that we had traveled outside of the city. I guess that I was looking at Niall so much that I hadn’t noticed this. He got out of the car and walked around to open the door for me.