Don't You Dare Horan

The next few days in New York were amazing. Lexie, Celia, and I explored every inch of the city. We went shopping, had breakfast at Tiffany’s, and of course watched a few Broadway shows. I was having the time of my life there! I couldn’t believe that we would be leaving the city in two days. We had done so much, but there was still a lot left to see and do. As I looked over at the faces of my two best friends, I knew that they felt the same way. None of us wanted to leave. At that moment an idea popped into my head which was never good.

“Hey guys, I was just thinking…”

“Well that’s a rare occurrence…” I ignored Celia’s comment and continued talking.

“We really don’t have to go back right away. I mean, none of us start work for another few weeks. It wouldn’t hurt for us to stay here at least one more week…” We just stood in the middle of Times Square looking around at our surroundings before looking at each other. We all thought about this idea for a few minutes before Celia spoke up.

“I think you’re right. I would hate to leave here so soon.”

“Yeah I agree. I love this place so much and I want to spend more time with my two amazing friends!” Lexie pulled us both in for a hug and I knew that the decision was final. We were staying in New York for another week!

Of course I couldn’t wait to spend this time with my friends. But little did they know that there was someone, besides the city, that I wasn’t ready to say good bye to yet… Just then I felt my phone buzz. I grabbed it out of my pocket and looked to see who the message was from.

*Your Hero: Hey beautiful! Want to hang out at the pool with me and the boys later today?*

 I smiled at the text. Ever since the night of the concert, Niall and I have been talking non-stop. We hung out occasionally but that was only because we just happened to keep running into each other. Today was going to be the first time that we planned on hanging out. That’s why I was so nervous about it. Well that and the fact that we would be hanging out in a place where everyone could see. Including the Paparazzi.

*I would love to! But are you sure that you want to hang out down by the pool? I mean we could always just hangout inside of the hotel like we usually do…*

*Your Hero: What’s the problem with hanging out by the pool?*

*Well What if someone sees us hanging out together and decides to take a few pictures?*

*Your Hero: Shelby, you don’t have to worry about any of that. Just focus on having fun! Now go get changed and meet me by the pool around 2 xx*

I re-read the last text that Niall sent me and let out a sigh. He was probably right. I guess that I was just overthinking things a little too much. These past few days I couldn’t stop thinking about Niall. All I’ve seen in my mind is his bright blue eyes and his dazzling smile. I knew that I had to get to know him better. I kept replaying the first moment we met in my head. From the moment he saved me to the moment he held the door for me. I thought that it was no big deal and I promised myself that I wouldn’t fall for him. But that promise was broken the minute I looked into his eyes.

I looked over at my two best friends and I knew that I had to tell them about Niall.

“Hey guys, Can I talk to you about something?”

“Of course Shelby. You can talk to us about anything, you know that.” Celia gave me a small smile of reassurance so I continued to speak.

“Please don’t freak out or get angry when I tell you this, okay?” They both nodded so I went on. “Well the night of the concert, Niall kind of gave me his number and we’ve been talking since then. Also, whenever I’m not in our room at the hotel, I’m usually hanging out with him…” I held my breath as I waited for their reactions. I had not expected them to burst out laughing. I stopped walking and looked at them confused.