Afterwords

Hey everyone, Skele here and I'm glad to say that this work of mine is finished! Woohoo! You made it to the end. Hopefully I get to say that about my other series someday, but by my pace and how much longer those are, the end doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight. As a celebration of finishing this story there are a few things I'd like to talk about in creating this tri-shot of a story and the process that went into it as well as some fun Easter eggs as well.

First off, the beginning: Some of you may know that Am I Dead? started off as an ending within my scenarios quiz . It's a bit cringey in my eyes but I think it's a fun read and I'm still on the fence about making a sequel to it. Am I dead was one of the results to it but while working on my one-shot series I decided to adapt all the results into their own fully fledged one-shot. Am I Dead was the first one because I felt the most connection to it, though perhaps I'll finish the other ones as well at some point (Currently I'm working on one for something horrible happened here. That one is much more focused on my love for science fiction and series like Alien, Portal, etc.). As a finished one-shot, the best and final project is in this book right here; a collection of the three parts into my very own story. Throughout the process of it all, I wondered if I should go with making it a bigger, fully fledged story, but no, I think this format fits it just perfectly. it's contained, small and filled with just as much content as I feel it should. Thus, this is how this story was formatted. This is not to say it will never be brought back again however. I'm a huge Lovecraftian horror fan and if one can't tell, this story is heavily inspired and uses those elements. I wouldn't mind making a story set in the same universe with new characters and a new story. Perhaps it would be something like the characters finding our main character in this story working at a disk replay or some video store guarding the Necronomicon. That would be fun wouldn't it?

The Creation: Well, enough about this story's formatting, now to the conception. As most of you who've read my stories or have even just looked on my profile can see, I am a fairly big horror fan. Games, books, shows, or movies, it all is my favorite thing to write about which is why yanderes fascinate me so very much. I love the mix of horror and love, the anguish and personality these characters have to justify their means of the story they take part in. It's like I'm a kid in a sandbox and I'm just letting these characters go and write the stories themselves, though of course I am still writing the story. Now, when thinking of this concept (and the concepts to the other results) I went to my backlog of ideas for other stories I'd wanted to write and one of them was "A parody on the horror genre, final girl, and goth culture in general." It eventually evolved into what I like to think of as my personal loving joke to certain tropes and genres in general. Malcom is probably my biggest example of this, though I will go more into the characters individually at a later point. As well as being a dark comedy in my eyes, this story was inspired by a few pieces of media:

H.P Lovecraft: specifically I believe Nyarlathotep and the Necronomicon played the biggest roles, though some other secret references were made. I love cosmic horror, though I like how Junji Ito's take on it is more than HP himself. In fact, I really can't stand him personally (I could go on and on about HP and his....issues, but there are people much smarter than me who can handle it more decisively (I mean look at the world fantasy award bust debate for an example). In the end though, lovecraftian horror did play the biggest role here.

Boy Eats Girl: Does anyone remember this movie? I'd watch it on Chiller along plays of the faculty and other horror movies. I can never find anyone who talks about it but somehow, it inspired part of this series. Basically, the male lead becomes a zombie after thinking the female lead was with some other guy and I couldn't help but think by the end of this movie, wow, this guy is the epitome of pathetic goth guy. Well, one side of it, the other side again, will be discussed later. A guy so obsessed with the female lead he literally becomes a zombie. So I ran with that premise. I created a yandere male lead who was a pathetic loser who wished to be more important than he really was, a desperate highschool outcast whom really should've gotten therapy in the end (Well he can't do that now cause he's well...you know), but was manipulated by someone arguably worse than him. I kind of love his dopey personality because of this.