+8

As soon as we got back to the Tower, Venice nearly collapsed. We had just walked in, and her tough barrier had finally fallen down. I knew her leg was killing her, and she needed to be properly treated. After the kiss, we didn't say anything to each other, but once she fell I lifted my voice. "Are you okay, Venice," I asked as I knelt down beside her. She slowly sat up and nodded her head. "Here, let me help you up," I said as I started to help her back up to the ground. She declined my help, and got back up on her own. A guard walked up to us and asked if everything was okay. "No, we need to get her to the sickbay. She was shot in the thigh by an arrow and she's too stubborn to admit she's actually in pain."

"Come on, Venice. The strongest people admit their weaknesses," the guard said as he picked up Venice like a baby. It almost looked like he was about to take her on their honeymoon. Venice groaned and I laughed at her being held like a child. "You're going to the sickbay. Nark would kill me, and nearly everyone else if something was to happen to you." I stepped on the elevator with the man, and a toted Venice. The girl had her face covered with embarrassment. She wanted to get down and fend for her own but it wasn't good for that thigh of hers.

When we arrived to the sickbay, the man set Venice down on a stretcher and a few young nurses ran up. They began asking Venice if she was okay a thousand times, and found excuses to touch her. I could tell that she probably slept with all of them. That kiss might have actually been an initiation to join her slut train, but I wasn't boarding it. Not that I wanted to be with Venice or anything, but if I actually did catch genuine feelings for her, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be faithful. I wouldn't even expect her to stay faithful. If nearly every damn girl in the Tower knew your name, and had sex with you then it was almost impossible not to have sex with them out of habit. All things Venice erased out of my head, when I saw a familiar boy and his mother talking to the doctor in the sickbay. It was good to see that they had made it in. Instead of joining the other nurses who was gushing over Venice, I walked a bit closer to listen onto the conversation that the doctor was having with the woman and the young boy.

"He's bitten," the doctor whispered harshly to the lady. "Ma'am, do you know what that means?! It means he's going to turn. Whatever those feasters have in their system is now in his. Soon, his immune system is going to fail, his organs are going to shut down and he'll be one of them." The little boy whimpered and hid behind his mother.

"You don't understand doctor. He's been bit for three weeks now! Everyone knows that you turn within three days! How come my boy isn't a feaster yet? I think he may be immune to it." The doctor chuckled at the woman as he looked down at his clipboard. "Doctor, please."

"I have other patients to handle. Actually, I think one just came in. As for your son, I think you need to speak to the Head of the Tower. Nark. He'll be able to tell you whether he and your family can stay." Before the woman could say anything else, the doctor walked over to Venice and made the flirty nurses disperse. I frowned as I watched the woman kneel down to wipe her son's tears. There certainly was a huge mark on his arm that looked as if it was healing. I couldn't imagine how horrible it felt to get bitten by one of those things. There was so much sorrow in my heart for the boy, but also a lot of confusion on my brain. How did he manage to live? It generally took up to three days or less to die and then turn into a feaster. Why wasn't he turning?

I walked up to the two and cleared my throat. The woman looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but to overhear everything." I bit my lower lip as I stared at the boy. His blonde hair was awry and he looked so terrified. It broke my heart. I ran my fingers through his hair, and tried to tidy it up for him. "Don't worry, buddy. You'll be okay. That mean, old doctor doesn't know what he's talking about. What's your name, kiddo?"