𝐬𝐢𝐱

"I don't see the problem with what I did!" I yelled, defending myself

"I don't see the problem with what I did!" I yelled, defending myself. I was being interrogated by half of the police force along with a few FBI Agents because of my "actions" last week.

"You don't see the wrong? Inari, the whole situation could have went with side ways because of your actions! You jumped out of the car like a complete maniac!" Parker yelled, frustrated with me. "I jumped out of the car because a sixteen year old girl was thrown out of a moving car! She was hurt!" I said.

"It's not your job to-"

"My job is to protect the people of this city! That's my job and I will never let anyone tell me how to do it!" I cut Parker off and he shook his head at me.

"Why do you need to be right every damn time? You're get someone killed, or worse! Yourself! Everyone's job here is to protect and serve, but we do it the right way!" Parked slammed his hand on the table, making me jump a bit. I've never seen him this angry before.

"If it wasn't for me, that girl would be dead!" I said, standing up from my seat. Parker also stood up before walking over to me. He stood in my face and he was fuming at the mouth.

"You didn't even believe me until I convinced you! You should be thanking me if anything, not arguing!" I could feel the tension building up in the room as we stared into each other's souls.

"You acted off of traumatic emotion rather than as a FBI Agent and for that? We've all agreed that you're benched for two weeks. Desk duty everyday at seven sharp." My jaw dropped as I took a step back trying to process what I'd just been told. Traumatic emotion? Benched? Desk duty?

"I did not act off of trauma! I acted because I am a woman and men like you get away with everything that you do to us! Domestic abuse, rape, the list goes on! If you want to bench me because I disobeyed the commands that a man gave to me? Do it, but don't try to make me feel bad for saving a woman's life." I stood my ground with Parker, leaving him silent.

"Agent Hart!" I heard someone yell as the door opened. I turned to see my boss, Director Alexander walk through the door. I rolled my eyes, realizing I just dug myself a deep hole. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Calm yourself and I will deal with you later." He said, pointing at the door, waiting for me to leave.

I looked around the room, seeing that all eyes were on me including Rowan who shook her head at me. "Yes sir." I stormed out of the door, slamming it behind me. "Nari wait!" I heard Rowan following behind me, but I didn't want to speak to her. "Nari stop." She grabbed onto my arm and I pushed her away from me.

"Fuck you Rowan! Why'd you let Parker chew me out like that?" I yelled at her, feeling my blood boiling. "Nari he's my boss! What was I supposed to say?" She asked and I knew there wasn't much she could've done.