6. Coffee Cups.

Baekhyun stretched in his chair, loosening up his stiff muscles after sitting on the same chair and position for more than 10 hours, drinking his coffee for the nth time today. The shaking of keys and beeping of the security alarm echoed as someone entered, sounds of shoes being taken off could be heard. Baekhyun turned to see who it was coming into the apartment at this time, except he saw a tall looking figure stood infront of the door. It was Chanyeol stood there with two Americano's in his hands. He looked tired, as his eyes drooped slightly, his lips were a paler colour and his smile was a faded smile. Baekhyun could instantly tell he pulled an all nighter, but even though Baekhyun also pulled an all nighter, he was at the comfort of their apartment. Chanyeol however was stuck in the Lab examining dead bodies. Baekhyun felt touched as Chanyeol went out of his way even though we was so tired after work to get him his favourite coffee.

"Pulled an all nighter again huh?" Baekyun said getting out of his chair, making his was over to Chanyeol and taking the coffee's off his hands, placing it on the tabel next to a black settee. Chanyeol laughed as he took off his washed out brown Mulberry Albert sachel bag off his shoulders and placing it on the settee.

"Unforunately so, the deadline is tomorrow. So i had to finish off the Autopsy by tonight so i can write up the report for Kris today, in prep for tomorrow, but seems like the Autopsy took longer than i thought.." his laugh faded as he plopped himself on the settee. "What time is it now?" Chanyeol asked with his eyes closed, his eyes were sore and tired. Baekyun was still frantically typing.

"Its 6:45am"

"Ah" Chanyeol breathed out. "So early." He whined. Baekhyun got up from his chair and walked into his room. " You should get some sleep too Baekhyun." Chanyeol shouted.

"I can't i've got to get this file to Kris." Baekhyun stood up collected the printed work, as wrapped his tie around his neck quickly fastening his tie. He roughly pulled an arm through his Suit jacket and buttoning it up, fixing himself quickly before he picked up his car keys, and started putting his shoes on. "I'll be back later." He shouted as he left the apartment. He pressed the button to unlock the car from afar making a beeping noise. He drove off in his white BMW M5 and headed toward Kris' office.

"Im sorry but Mr.Wu is absent."

"It's okay, I'm just here to drop off a file." She bowed and Bakehyun walked into the office finding Joonmyeon instead of Kris. He was sat on the couch, reading file after file.

"You here for Kris?" Joonmyeon asked not looking up, judging by the rhythm of his feet he knew it was Baekhyun.

"Yeah. He requested a file for tomorrow."

"He's gone to China, so he won't be back for a couple of days."

"I see. I can trust you with this right?" Baekhyun joked, trying to lighten up the mood. Joonmyeon smiled as he looked at the file Baekhyun handed him. 'Do Kyungsoo' was written on the cover.

"Of course you can."  A vibrating sound came from the pockets of Baekhyun.

"Sorry, hold on. Baekhyun here."

"Baekhyun!" A familiar voice spoke into the phone.

"Sehun?"

"We're struggling dealing with this software!" Sehun paused, he seemed in a panic and talking so fast, he was almost out of breath.

"Calm down Sehun. Just send me the details of the software, and i'll try and help as best as i can. Did you get Kris' permission?" Baekhyun tries to re-assure Sehun to maintain the situation he's in.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah thanks, it should get to you tomorrow night!" Sehun ignored Baekhyuns question, and recklessly hung up on him. Baekhyun feared that Sehun would do something reckless again.

"This guy." He says while looking at his phone, "He's too ahead of himself sometimes."

"He's always like this when he's having a hard time." Joonmyeon was also worried about the China situation.

"I'm just worried that he might get himself into trouble sometimes this guy needs to think before his actions." Baekhyun maintains himself and tries forget about the other things filling up on his mind, all he wants to focus on right now is to sort out his own problems, looks like that has to wait.

"Well, i'll be going now. Go home soon Joonmyeon."

"I will." Joonmyon says and Baekhyun quickly jogs to the door as Joonmyeon waves him off as he left. 

Jongin walked around in the afternoon having nothing more to do. He was planning on going over to Kris' office but Baekhyun told him beforehand that Joonmyeon took over for the next couple of days. He wonderd what was so bad about the China case to require one of their own members and Kris' personally to be over there. He thought that Kris could have gone on a vaccation to get away form all this stress he's been recieving lately, but Kris was too professional to do something that stupid. He decided not to think about it anymore, after all it wasn't his concern, and with that he headed back to the apartment.

"Jongin?" Chanyeol questioned, walking out of the kitchen, with a cup of coffee in one hand. "Well this is unusual." He mumbled down across Baekhyun. Jongin threw himself on the couch. They all sat silently watching the Program on the TV, everyone already looking tried and miserable after another long day.

"Have you guys met Kyungsoo?" Jongin suddenly spoke. Chanyeol looked at Jongin, but his eyes was glued to the TV, he wasnt watching it, he was just staring at it. Chanyeol turned back to watch the TV.

"Who's Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol asked licking his lips from the coffee, eyes never leaving the TV. As he drank more of his coffee.

"He's the new wolf to our pack." Baekhyun said, eyes also on the TV. None of them was talking with any eye contact with each other, they knew each other too well to bother with that stuff anymore. Chanyeol suddenly adverted his eyes at Baekhyun.

"Since when were we alowed a wolf?"

"Since i found him and we needed him." Jongin smirked as Chanyeol's expression saddened.

"Just unfair." He sulked, sinking back into the coach.

"Let it go Chanyeol." Baekhyun sighed at his stupidity in not getting the implicity he used on Kyungsoo. Sometimes he wonders how Chanyeol even got in here, how he even passed. But he was all about the science, even though his literacy was poor, his science was extraordinary, he was the head the the Investigation Field, being an Forensic was not easy at all. The level of accuracy and  skills, not to mention the level of tolerance. No ordinary person can do what Chanyeol can do. Some even say that he's a Doctor of the Doctors. Baekhyun stood up with an now empty cup in his hands, walking towards the kitchen.

"Make me a coffee too Baekhyun." Jongin shouted across to the kitchen.

"We're out." Baekhyun said looking through the cuboards.

"Ugh." Jongin abruptly stood up, shooving one arm through his coat. "I'll go get more."

--------

Boring chapter...