Chapter 4: "What did you call her?!?"

"Now, I want all of you to answer these questions on today's test as best you can." Lockhart explained as he handed out the sheets of paper to the students. Once Charlie and Hermione got theirs, they had noticed something immediately. "These questions are all about him!" Charlie whisper-shouted. Hermione nodded in agreement. "It just proves my point that he is a fraud. We should have a test on more important things like spells and such like." she replied. After they had completed the "test", Lockhart took back the papers, shook his head and tutted. "Only a few of you had answered correctly that my favourite colour is lilac and my secret ambitions are  to rid the world of evil and to market my own range of hair care potions, and that I desire harmony between magic and non-magic peoples as a birthday present." he said as Charlie looked at Hermione and whispered: "Liar liar. Pants on fire." Hermione looked back at him and let out a small giggle while covering her mouth with her hand as they noticed that Ginny was taking a look over at them. She wasn't smiling, in fact she looked rather hurt with a scar across the back of one of her hands before she carried on writing down what appeared to be her work. Little did they know that it was actually something different. 

"What was that about?" Charlie asked Hermione. She didn't know so she shrugged. The lesson with Lockhart went on that included pixies that both Charlie and Hermione managed to freeze in place as Lockhart retreated just as two of them managed to pick up Neville by his ears. Later that day after the class was over, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Charlie were all having their breakfast when the post arrived and a red envelope was dropped in front of Ron. "Oh no." Ron said as soon as he read the front in a panic. "Hey! Look everyone!" a voice called out from further down the table. "Weasley's got himself a howler." "A what?" asked Harry. "It's best to open it up. I got one from my gran once. It's horrible if you ignore it." Neville answered. Ron was hesitant, but he opened it and out shouted the voice of his mother: Molly Weasley. "RONALD WEASLEY!" the howler bellowed. "HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN ENQUIRY AT WORK, AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME!" Ron was looking petrified with fear in his face as the howler then turned to face Ginny who was sitting on the opposite side near him. "Oh and Ginny dear. Congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud." the howler stated more calmly then faced Ron once more, blew a raspberry at him and ripped itself into pieces. Ron was left shaken. He looked like he had just seen a giant spider. Soon afterwards, Harry and the Gryffindor Quidditch team were getting themselves ready for their practice before headed out to the field accompanied by Ron, Hermione and Charlie before they were stopped by the Slytherin team. 

"Oi, Wood." one of the players sneered. "You don't get to use the pitch today." the Slytherin team then laughed. "Says who?" Oliver Wood asked in replied before one of the members of the Slytherin team handed him a note. Instantly, Oliver took it and read it out loud. "I, Professor Snape, hereby grant permission for the Slytherin team to be training on the pitch." he said as he then looked back up and handed the note back to the Slytherin team. "Seems as if we have a new seeker as well." one of the members replied. "Really? Who?" Charlie asked suspiciously. Suddenly, a boy with blonde hair approached wearing Slytherin Quidditch clothes. "Malfoy?" "Yeah. That's right, Turner. I am the new Slytherin Seeker." said Draco Malfoy. Ron, who had recovered a bit from his howler from his mother, looked in awe at the brooms that the Slytherin team had. "Are those Nimbus 2001s?"he asked." Good, aren't they?" Malfoy boasted. "You see Weasley..." he continued. "... unlike some, my father can afford only the best." he finished with a smirk. "At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent." Hermione spoke up. Draco, who had heard her, pushed himself to the front of the team and said the one thing that would hurt any muggle born. "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood." 

What Malfoy saw next was somebody had made his way over to him and was grabbed by the throat by his shirt collar. It was Charlie and he had snapped as he was so red in the face, filled up with so much rage. "What did you call her?!?" he demanded with venom in his voice. "Y-you heard me." Malfoy managed to choke out before he was thrown to the ground and Charlie started to throw punch after punch until Malfoy's face was messed up almost completely. "Anyone else?!? I can take all of you on!" he yelled and threatened the Slytherin team who then ran off in fear. They couldn't believe it. Even Hermione couldn't believe it. No one had ever seen Charlie this angry before. The rest of the Gryffindor's surrounded Charlie and attempted to help him to his feet, but Charlie was still furious as he lept up and began to transform into his werewolf side again, even though that it was daylight and not dark out without the full moon in sight. Thinking quickly, Charlie managed to say: "You three go to Hagrid's." he said to Harry, Ron and Hermione. "I'll catch up with you in a moment." as he took off into the Forbidden Forest after Harry, Ron and Hermione nodded where he would not be seen and transformed as he ran. Luckily, nobody saw him as Harry, Ron and Hermione started to make their way over to Hagrid's, all of them leaving Malfoy, who had just barely recovered from Charlie's attack on him, behind.