Chapter 11 Attack

I ran down the halls. I called into every room telling them to get ready, the attack was here. as I ran telling all the classes to get ready, I was silently panicking. We weren't ready, what would happen if they won. Who will die? Who will be killed. I tried to push the thought out of my mind. What happened happened. And I had to fight for my new world. Once we got all the people together, a council man spoke.
"WE HAVE TO FIGHT WITH ALL WE GOT!" He started. "YOU CANNOT GIVE UP! ADALINE WILL GIVE YOU OUR STRATEGY AND-"
"What?!?!" I interrupted.
"You know best, you can get us through this."
"YEAH" everyone shouted in unison.
I was overwhelmed. I hadn't been expecting this and it scared me. I didn't know a thing about strategy.
"Um well- we need people to attack on all sides, you can't back down," I said weakly.
*BOOM* we all turned to see the school was on fire. Some water keepers put it out before it could do much damage. The war had begun.
"Ready?" Illijah asked nervously.
"Of course not" I replied.
We both ran out of the building together. We saw a big group of bludgers and I figured there were more spread out around us. I decided to venture away from where the visible group stood. I started walking and Illijah followed.
"Where are you going?" He called.
"That can't be the only group, they wouldn't be that stupid." I answered.
"I'll go check the other side." he said as turned to go.
I kept walking for a few more minutes then turned to see what was happening. the battle had started. it was a blur of commotion, but you see all the magic being sent back and fourth, people beating others, bodies lying limp. it was an awful sight. I turned and kept walking. Shortly after I came upon a few more people, they were on my side, I recognized them from my math class.
"Hey!" I called
"We found more of them!" One yelled back.
I ran up to my classmates to see where one was pointing.
"There's about five of them that we can see, we are outnumbered, we need to call for help." she said
"There's five of them, four of us, you three take one, I think I can get two," I said unsure of what I'd just said.
As we approached the bludgers, they spotted us, and fired. we all managed to dodge the first blow, and we could then send back some magic of our own. I studied the two that I was to destroy. this was easy. all I had to do was freeze them. I ran as quick as my speed let me and fired at them. I managed to get one but the other had blocked it. Now I was only a few feet away from the other. And before I knew it, he tackled me. I was pinned on the ground and he had my hands pinned to the ground by his knees, so my powers were useless, I needed my hands to do the gestures to do any magic. *bang* I had just been punched. Then again. Then again. I had to get away. I tried as hard as could to get him off but he was too strong. I was stuck. that's when one of the girls who came here with me showed up behind him. Then she took a big tree branch, and whacked it at his head. He fell to the side and I could now get up, once I was back up I froze him.
"Thanks!" I said breathing heavily. I heard a scream, and realized the other girl I was with was fighting two guys, the guy that was with us was lying limp just a few feet away, he lost his battle. I ran up to help when I hit something. there was an invisible wall. I couldn't get through. my magic couldn't either, the girl next to me wasn't allowed through either. There was no way we could help the girl. The girl next to me started to cry, and I myself felt horrible too. I heard one last scream, then it was over. But the two men were now coming after us. I was frustrated with them and couldn't take it anymore. I disintegrated them. I hated using the powers I had created. whenever I used them something ticked inside me. It felt like someone was stabbing me in a million places at once. And it usually took a lot of my energy as well.
"We should go find more," the girl said glumly, she was still hurting from watching her friend die. then she turned to go run and find another group of people. I decided I should go with her, there was probably groups everywhere. just as I was about to run and catch up with her, I took one last look around. That's when I spotted it. Or should I say- him. About 50 feet away from me, stood a boy, red with rage. And I knew he wasn't on my side. He went by the name, Ferox.