Chapter 7

"Rina," Oz started.

"What do you want?" I snapped at him. It's been two months since that night.

"To tell you the truth." he said.

I instantly looked at him wide-eyed. "Tell."

"I love you." he said.

Everything stops.

"Funny way of showing it." I say softly. "By ignoring me."

"I had no choice. The Vampire Council would never approve of us."

"Who said we needed their approval?" I asked, crossing my arm tightly over my chest.

"We have no choice but to have it!" he said.

"Oh really? Explain then."

"They would take everything I had from me. They don't want our kinds mixing." he told me. "My great great great great grandparents had a relationship to ours. Or did, before they could have children, they killed one another because they both had short tempers. Thankfully, my great great great great grandmother, who was the vampire in the relationship, had already been married before to another vampire and had children by him. That is how I came to existence. That's the reason vampires and werewolves hate each other. Because the council doesn't want that to happen again."

I sigh. "Then what are we going to do about it?"

He pulls me into his arms, holding me there. "I don't know. I honestly don't know, Rina."

I rest my head on his chest. "Guess we enjoy this while it lasts then."

"Guess so." he says, burrowing his head into my neck.

I move my face to where my lips are on his. I give him a short sweet and simple kiss.

As I try to pull away he puts his lips back on his.

I smile into the kiss, weaving my hands tightly in his hair.

He kisses me roughly, pulling me closer by the belt loops of my skinny jeans.

"Well well well, this isn't going to look good for you when the council hears about this, now is it?" asks a voice from behind us.

We turn to see Brenda standing there with a satisfactory smile on her face and arms crossed over her chest.

Oh shit we were in deep trouble now.