1

Therapy
Warnings: mentions of abuse and homophobia, slurs that may offend people will be used ((I'm very much part of the lgbtq community))
3rd person pov

Clint Barton sat in the waiting room of the therapy office only 5 more minutes until his first session where his mind was constantly asking him hypothetical questions about his new therapist

Clint's pov

What if I don't trust him? What if he doesn't know what he's doing? What if he can't hel-

"Clint Barton? "

I stood up "uh Yes that me,"

"he's ready to see you room 2"

"okay thanks"

I walked into the room and looked around briefly before sitting down

"hello, " I said trying to break the ice / silence

"hi, I'm Dr maximoff but you may call me pietro I'll be your councillor"

"okay, uh I'm clint Barton"

"so clint tell me about yourself,"

"okay, uhm when I was about 16 my father kicked me out of the house for being bi, literally kicked"

"that's good. Not what happened but that your comfortable sharing that with me, what else would you like to share?"

"Uhm that's it for now"

"okay that's fine, it says on your file here that you get alot of anxiety, where does that come from?"

"I guess it's from when I was living with my father.. I was scared of him"

"What was the usual daily routine with you and your father? "

"normally he would be passed out on the couch from alcohol but when he was awake he would yell at me constantly"

"what was he saying? "

"he would call me a fag and yell at me to get him a beer, this was before I came out. one day I refused to get him  a beer and that was the first time he hit me and it would just escalate from there"

"your making good progress today, we have about 30 minutes left what would you like to do?

"maybe like a thing to get to know each other? "

"okay, I'll grab some paper and write up some questions we can both answer and then talk about"

Y'all ignore my hand writing. IDK why its wavy

 IDK why its wavy

I answered the questions on the paper and we swapped sheets,

"so who first? " I said

"you choose"

"what about we alternate between each question?"

"sounds good, you start"

"okay, how did you know you were gay if you've never been in a relationship?"

Pietros pov

I felt my whole face heat up I wasn't expecting that straight away and also me being quiet and flustered in front of a client probably isn't good,  mainly the flustered part because you can't have a relationship with a patient because it affects thier care. I clear my throat

"uhm, I guess I had a feeling"

"mhm, your turn"

"does not meeting your mother affect you alot? "

"probably did when I was younger, now I try not to dwell on it"

We continued talking for about 15 minutes until after the session ended although I didn't know it had ended until wanda came in and told me to wrap it up and left.

"clint it's been really good talking with you and you made great progress but our session is over"

"alright I'll see you next week doc, same time? "

"actually I can no longer be your therapist, "

"what why? "

"by laws are in place and having feelings for a patient breaks said laws resulting in me getting fired. The door Mr barton"

I saw him leave slightly sad, and texted wanda I was going for my break and to meet me in the staff room

"So what is it? " she asked me

"I'll need you to change clint Barton to a different Dr,"

"did he not like you,"

"no he did we actually made alot of progress"

"so why do you need me to move him? "

"the problem was that I liked him"

"ah so because of the bylaws you need me to move him"

"yes"

"alright I'll do that in a moment, how long will you be because there's another client here for physical therapy yet he wishes to see you"

"I'll be half an hour then"