Chapter 10: Remember

Sorry I haven't updated in a while but hopefully updates will be far more frequent

I slowly began to feel myself waking up, my eyes gradually opening and struggling to adjust to the bright light of the sun peaking through the curtains, cascading over mine and Bucky's tangled bodies. I started becoming aware of my surroundings. Bucky's arms were slightly wrapped around my waist, our legs tangled together, his face buried into my neck his warm breath tickling my sick, almost lulling me back to sleep.

I reached my arm round to his back, gently running my hand up and down his toned skin. I felt him begin to stir, for a second feeling bad for waking him up but instantly glad I did when he looked up at me and I got to look into his steel blue eyes. I couldn't help but smile as he squinted, a sleepy grin spreading across his face before he put his face back into the rook of my neck.

"What time is it?" He asked, voice mumbled by my skin.

"I've got no idea." I said almost happily, for once living in some form of care free way. Yes it was something as simple as not caring what time I got up, but to someone who never really got to live their life the way they wanted to, it was a great relief.

Bucky sat up and rubbed his eyes, staring blankly at the wall for a second before getting out of bed and walking downstairs. I sat there confused for a second before deciding to get up and follow him. I was walking down the stairs when I heard loud footsteps running towards me. As I reached the last step, Bucky came running round the corner, picking me up and quickly carrying me back up to bed. He quite literally dropped my on the bed, kissing me on the nose and simply saying,

"Stay." Before running back off downstairs. I stared at the door in disbelief, trying to comprehend what just happened but drawing a blank and just laughing instead. I fiddled with my phone for a while, waiting for Bucky to return and explain what he was doing, when after another 10 minutes he finally showed up, but with a tray of breakfast in hand.

My heart swelled at the small gesture, sure he had made me breakfast before but this was more romantic and special.

"Thank you." I said quietly as he jumped back into bed, getting back under the covers and snuggling up next to me. He turned on the tv, the two of us watching in silence as we ate. After a while I looked over to him only to find him scanning my room, taking it all in.

"I broke rule number 1." He laughed slightly when he realised I was looking at him.

"Not the only rule you've broken." I laughed, putting the tray on the bed side table, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and walking over my wardrobe and pulling out some clothes before walking into the bathroom to get changed.

When I came back out Bucky was gone. I walked out of my room and down the hall, hearing voices coming from his room. I pressed my ear to the door, needing to hear the conversation better. I quickly realised that the only voice I heard was Bucky's, but he was clearly having a conversation meaning he was on the phone. I couldn't hear the other person but by the way he was speaking, I guessed it was Steve.

"Just keep me updated-" "Yeah I'll tell her-" "Sure, I'll see you later, bye." He said, hanging up making me run away before I got caught. I quietly racing down the stairs and jumping over the back of the sofa and grabbing the remote to turn the tv on. A few seconds later Bucky came walking into the room.

"For an ex assassin and one of the worlds greatest spies, you are so loud when running away." He laughed, walking round and sitting next to me.

"I got curious." I shrugged.

"So what did you hear?" He asked.

"just you saying goodbye really. What's up?"

"Hydra activity is way up, they're searching everywhere, storming homes, apartment building, warehouses, the lot. They haven't managed to catch anyone in the act but they've had a tip off about their next raid and they're hoping to take someone in and interrogated them. Steve said he'll keep us posted but be ready to move in case anything happens." He explained, making me slump down in my chair, running my hands over my face.

"We just can't catch a break." I sighed.

"Apparently not." He said as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his side as I rested my head on his chest.

"What happens if they get us?" I asked quietly.

"They won't." He said simply.

"But what If they do-"

"They.Won't" He repeated sternly, tightening his grip on me, "I won't let them." He added, loosening his hand.

"Ok." I sighed as I closed my arms and adjusted myself to get comfortable. We sat there for a few hours just watching the tv, our bags mostly packed as Steve advised. Eventually I drifted off to sleep.

I don't know what it has been, but spending time with Bucky has triggered something in my brain, more and more memories have been coming back to me. So far they've only been of our time in the ring and from the red room, but this time, this time it was of my life before I was taken.

Yet again I was in some third person point of view, looking in on the situation. I could see myself, only I was around 7 years old. I already knew I had been taken into the red room late, around 9 years old, but I never knew of my life before. I saw another girl, around 15 years old. She was playing some sort of game with me, laughing with me, hugging me. I glanced around the room and saw multiple photos of a family, including my younger self and the other girl, meaning we must be sisters. I began to walk towards one of the largest photos. It had a Man, A woman, my sister and myself. I ran my hand over it, tears threatening to spill. This was my family, my mother, my father, I finally knew at least what they looked like.

I turned back around to the pair in the middle of the room. They looked happy, I looked happy. this was the life I lost, this was who I was and what I could have had, I lost everything because of that Russian pig. I took one more glance around the room before my eyes fixed on a name, Collins, I recognised this name. I looked back at the photo and realised I recognised my parents, only last time I saw them they were far older. I remembered a photo, one containing them, a woman and a boy. That boy was Tony Stark. I looked back towards my sister shocked, tears finally fell as I suddenly woke up.

I realised I had been crying, my cheeks were stained with tears. I quickly got up, waking Bucky in the process. I walked out of the room and grabbed the burner phone we were given. I was dialling Tony's number when Bucky walked in and saw what I was doing.

"Woah, hold on." He said, stepping in and taking the phone from me.

"Give it back Barnes." I said sternly.

"This has to be an emergency and you know it does." He said cocking an eyebrow, prompting me to tell him what's going on.

"It is."

"Thats not what I wanted to hear and you know it. What's going on Y/n?" He asked, putting his hands on the sides of my arms comfortingly.

"I got another memory back. I think I know who my family was, but I needed to check." I explained, still desperate to call Stark.

"Thats great Y/n but you know you can't call anyone for that." He said sympathetically," Just hold out for a while, see if anymore memories come back and you can ask whoever you need to ask when we get back."

I forced myself out of his grasp and walked back to my room,

"Fine." I said as I walked past. Being trapped in a house in the middle of nowhere wasn't exactly ideal, but so far I had recovered my relationship with Bucky, and I was finally beginning to remember who I was. For the first time in forever, I was beginning to feel like myself again.