Fear

There's a head canon I had for a long time that ever since Finland and Sweden lost America they were hesitant to adopt Sealand in fear they will lose him too.
__________

Dec 1, 20xx 7:29pm
Nordic Home in Finland

𝙽𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠
The Nordic home was very calming a lot calmer than England home when visiting.
Ladonia (Arvid) and Sealand (Peter) were playing a game the background of the said game could unlock memories the American has forgotten a long time ago.

The smell that surrounded the home was like of fresh sweet bread; it was so nostalgic to the American but he didn't know why.
(Maybe it was deja vu or ...maybe not)
"Hey what's that smell it's really good."
America asked the couple who were cooking.
"Meat stew, baked potatoes and some salmon Swe is baking the desserts" Fin replied
"I wish I could cook as well as you guys, Britain never really taught us how to"
(forgive me mr.Ramsay)

"...𝚖𝚖𝚖..." the Swede mumbled

"Oh!"
"America, Mister Swe asked if you'd like to learn to cook with us?"
(America can cook but to an extent and doesn't know how to make many foods)
"He could have just came and asked me but of course, also, Can he talk or no? I'm sorry if that sounded offensive if it did"
"Yeah Mama, does know how to talk but to an extent because of two things." Ladonia said filling in.
"And those things are, if you don't mind me asking?" The American looked at the red haired boy. "Shyness and-" the boy paused for a moment and turn to the Swede "actually we don't really speak of it" the red haired boy cut himself off.
The American looked at the Swedish man feel bad for asking that kind of question, so Alfred walked up to him and wrapped his arms around the Swede in a tight embrace as a sign of saying I'm sorry.

(Sweden.exe stop working XD)

The Swede froze for a moment but returned the hug as soon as they broke away from the hug Sweden gently Pat Alfred on his head and weakly smiled.

"It's okay...."
Alfred looked up at the taller nation and felt a sense of comfort; warmth you could say even within the Swedes cold eyes.

"Okay, okay enough of this sad feeling let's have some fun while the two finish up!" The Dane said in his normal happy tone breaking the semi-tense and sad mood.
"Yeah!" The American went right along with him outside so they don't break anything.

15 minutes later

The Swede was done cooking, Berwald he wrote a note for Tino ( the following text is the note written.)
-I went to out for more drinks and a few more treats I'll be home in half an hour.
Signed B.

After a while the American went back inside still with the uneasy feeling of why he felt safe within this family.

(At dinner time because yes)

As the family ate Alfred kept looking at the boy red hair and the oblivious Swede, He kept trying to make eye contact with them to see the color of their eyes the boy they we a almost exact color of his own. Arvid (Ladonia) noticed it but thought nothing of it.

"Tell us Al what are you liking about Finland so far? (the country not Tino)"
"I think it's very nice, the people are funny but not something you would expect from one of the nicest Finns here, wink wink you Tino"
"Hehe I'm flattered but-" Tino was about to say something but the Dane cut him off
"Oh this is just how he greets guests if you see his normal self you wouldn't say that" said with a wide smug look on his face.
(Alfred) "Hehe" (Berwald)"hmph..." both blonde men chuckled and Alfred was a bit shocked when he heard that laugh
"That was cute, you should laugh more M-sorry Da- I mean Sve" Alfred said before correcting himself. Almost nobody notice but Arvid and the Mathias noticed it and both decided to come up with a plan to tease the American.

"So... let's continue you two did great on the food! I loved it!" Alfred said trying to get himself off the hot stove "thank you, but also thank you for helping us it really meant a lot" the Finn said with a warm smile as his husband agreed as well. "Hey why can't we be like that" Lukas (Norway) said "Hey! don't say thing like that out of now where idiot!" Emil yelled at this "brother" (these are Icelands words not mine)

As soon as dinner ended and everyone was cleaning up America started to get more curious and soon his plan will come into action he needed to know without people finding out. Little did America know Arvid and Mathias have a plan of their own. (Insert their mischievous chuckles)

Unfortunately they were caught by Finland

At night:
Alfred laid there in the guest room tossing and turning in what he knew he shouldn't stick his nose into, but something just told him to find out if there anyone who could've known his parents and the best lead was The Nordics.
So he waited 20 minutes it was 3:14am and he started quietly walking making sure he didn't make a noise but he heard something someone it was coming from Sweden and Finlands room. Someone was weeping was it Tino? No... so he decide to listen in to the faint whispers.

"Berry, I know it pains you but still but I truly don't know if we'll ever find them..."

"𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚋𝚞𝚝 ' 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚏'𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑'𝚖, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 '𝚕𝚕...𝚊𝚗𝚍....𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖..... 𝙸 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖...."

"They were too strong it wasn't your fault..."

"...I'm s'rry..." Ber cried even harder than before

Alfred didn't know what to think did Sweden lose kids? the coincidence was high and he felt weary so he walk back to his room and pretended like he didn't hear anything.

(Ok that's the end of the chapter I hoped you guys enjoyed my mediocre writing and see you next time)

"じゃーねー" ( '▽`)

Author-San