the one where he arrives

the day had came that renjun would leave for the castle. he sighed as he looked at all his belongings that he had messily thrown onto a pile. not a lot of things were allowed to be taken with him to the castle, only clothes and any other necessities.

renjun looked around in his tent for a bag that he could put all his things in. his eyes fell onto the bag that he had taken with him when he left the castle he left with the same reason he was coming back again: his hate for the royal family.

he took the bag and put it on his bed, putting all his things inside of it. he turned around when he heard someone enter his tent

"your horse is ready for you to leave" taeyong spoke out. renjun nodded as he closed the bag and took it in his hands. "don't-" taeyong started, but renjun cut him off before he could say anything else.

"miss this up. i know, i won't" renjun finished. "the prince won't get away with it this time" he mumbled irritated.

taeyong gave renjun an annoyed look. "yes don't screw up, but that was not what i wanted to say" the bandit leader brought out, catching renjuns attention again. "don't let love get in the way this time, only focus on your revenge"

renjun nodded at his words before walking past taeyong and out of his tent. "i'm done with love. revenge is the only thing that matters right now" renjun brought out with a smirk.

"good. now go before you're late. chenle will be waiting for you" taeyong brought out before leaving renjun on his own.

he put the bag on his horse before getting on himself, riding away from the camp that he had stayed at the last few months. the ride felt long as his eagerness for revenge grew with every step.

he imagined the face aera would make when she would see him. he knew he was forbidden to enter the northern wing, but as an ex-guard, he knew his way around the castle. he knew the exact moments he could enter the northern wing if he wished so.

the castle, that was only slightly visible an hour ago, was now fully visible. a smirk creeped onto renjuns face as he noticed a specific boy standing at the entrance, waiting for him. the boy was looking the other way, bored of waiting.

renjun stopped his horse next to the boy and smirked at him. "long time no see chenle"

the boy immediately looked up with a big smile. "renjun, you made it here" he exclaimed happily. "you missed so much, a lot has happened around here"

"tell me all about it" renjun replied, hoping that chenle would tell him some useful information for his plan.

"well to start, sungchan officially became head of the guards, with haechan as the co head of the guards" chenle explained, receiving an eye roll from renjun. "i also started training 4 months ago, meaning i'm going to be a knight, just like you. isn't that amazing?"

renjun raised a brow. "you want to be a knight?" he asked the hyper boy next to him. chenle nodded happily. "i'm finally dating bom, who comes here very often because of it. at first i was scared it would be awkward with sungchan and aera, but aera and bom ended up becoming friends"

"wait say that again. bom is here a lot?" renjun asked, getting a plan. "yes, but don't even think about sabotaging aera's relationship with her. she's happy with me now" chenle immediately answered, knowing what the expression on his friends face meant.

renjun rolled his eyes at him. "i'm here to marry the princess, not to sabotage anything" he lied. he trusted chenle, but the boy was now working for the royal family. he couldn't risk anyone knowing his plan.

chenle's eyes lit up. "right the marriage! the other two contestants have already arrived. well actually jaemin has been here for quite some time now and only jeno just arrived. i wish you good luck winning from them. they are both very good looking you know?" he rattled on.

renjun wanted to reply when someone called out his name. he looked in the direction of where the person stood who called out his name. he noticed haechan walking in his direction.

"you need to come with me"