Chapter 25

Chris POV

"Katie ?"

She stared back at me with that infamous smirk, "Wassup Chris ?"

Hold up, lemme pinch myself to see if i'm dead. Nah, i'm not dead.

"It wasn't worth it at all.", she said, "I wish I could go back and change a few things but it's too late."

I don't know whether to feel crazy, angry, happy or sad. I'll just go on with this weird shit, this could be the once in a last time thing.

"I'm stressing man.", I sighed.

"Why your ass always angry ?", she asked.

I kissed my teeth, "Ain't nobody-

"Don't lie to me nigga. You almost fucked Chey face up."

I rubbed my hand down my face, "I'm fine."

"And i'm a Chinese panda, Chris what's really up with you ?"

I groaned, "I'm fucking up Katie ! All this shit is stressing me out and everything is my fault because of it. Sometimes I wish I could end this shit."

I sighed and knelt down staring at her. Se shook her head, "You and I died a long time ago Chris."

"What the fuck are you talkin' bout ?"

"Look at yourself Chris, you're not the same. Why do you feel as though everything is your fault ?"

"Because it is. Cheyenne moved out because I put my hands on her and now I did again again. She out there grinding on niggas and shit-

"Cut the bullshit Chris. What's the real reason ?"

I know where she's going at but i'm not gon' say it.

"You've become so frustrated and livid lately. You're holding so much weight on your shoulder because of something that happened. You and I both-

I shook my head, "Nah."

"Chris you can't keep holding it in. That's what's messing you up in the first place."

"I'm good. I'm straight."

"You wouldn't be angry all the time if you were straight.", she quipped.

I put my hands on my ears but I could still hear her.

"Who has you like this Chris ?"

I kept trying to ignore and block her out but her asking me repeatedly was annoying the fuck outta' me.

"Who ?", she asked, "Who Chri-

"YOU !", I yelled, "YOU HAVE ME LIKE THIS ! IF YOU WERE HERE THEN NONE OF THIS SHIT WOULD EVEN BE HAPPENING !"

My nostrils flared and I could feel my veins popping out of neck, "WHY DID YOUR ASS HAVE TO BE STUBBORN THAT DAY ?! WHY COULDN'T YOU STAY HOME ?"

All the emotions were coming back to me from that day and I didn't care about the tears streaming down my face, "WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME KATIE ?! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME WITH A SPITTING IMAGE OF YOU ? THAT SHIT HURTS !", I cried, "IT HURTS LOOKING AT HER."

I wiped my face and shook my head, "It's not fair."

"You have to let that go Chris."

I shook my head again.

"Chris listen to me, none of that was your fault. I was the one who decided to go. You tried to stop me, remember ? You tried but I was too stubborn and dumb to realize that shit."

"It's okay, she's okay, you're okay, everything is okay."

I felt her forehead on mine as she held my cheek, "I'm okay.".

I looked up at her, "You don't have to hold in that anger. Holding that burden is only hurting yourself and others around you."

I nodded.

"Talk to her Chris. Reason with her. Cheyenne's a good girl, don't lose her."

She wiped my tears and stood back up as I stood up too, "Don't lose her Chris.", she smiled.

"I won't."

"And one last thing I want you to do."

"What ?"

"Tell our baby girl that I love her."

"I gotchu'."

I walked back towards my car but a thought came to my mind, "Katie-

When I turned around she was gone. I shrugged and kept walking back to the car.