memories

Barney's pov:

Today was another hell, another day to be forced into hurting people i didn't want to. But i have to its my new job and i can't risk getting caught being a spy, i wish two years ago i could've done more with my life before getting involved with that stupid secret lab i got hired at. Thats where all my problems started god, im so stressed i can't take much more of this bullshit plus seeing innocent people die in front of me is starting to take a toll.

"You citizens come with me."

Great they found me more people to hurt.

Surprisingly when i let the other guard in i recognized the one person immediately,

Gordon Freeman?

What was he doing here? And who's that person next to him? I guess today was going to be interesting.

"You need any help with these ones?"

[No i got it]

As soon as the rogue guard left i turned away from the two and walked over to the computer.

[Im gonna need some privacy for this]

[Now. about that beer i owed ya]

As soon as i took my helmet off gordon seemed relived that it was me, he really hasn't changed huh. That's a good thing i missed him i thought he died so that was a stress that left me.

[Man gordon wait until isaac finds out! Ill send him a message to send alyx to find you how does that sound?]

I watched the man make a nod before grabbing the person that was next to him. Oh right there's another person here. Wait who is that???

[Hey gordon, who's your little friend there]

Gordon signed that it was a good friend of his and that i knew them too. Huh must of seemed really awkward of me to say that then if i knew them.

[I did? Oh geez, look im sorry.. uh, the old memory isn't a great source, heh, you aree?]

 uh, the old memory isn't a great source, heh, you aree?]

Your pov:

Did he really forget who i was? Damn that's low. Like really low cause im pretty sure im the one who even introduced him to gordon and the rest, i mean it has been years since me and gordon have seen him. Ever since that g-man guy took us both its been a while, oh well new start i guess.

" f/n. F/n L/n, and your barney calhoun i resume? Or has my memory gone as well cowboy." I chuckled at his reaction he seemed to be a bit confused and shocked but i think he remembered the way i use to taunt him by calling him a cowboy. Well thats a starters right?

[ hey i ain't a cowbo-]

Knock knock

[Dammit that's what i was afraid of! Dammit Gordon! Both of you get out of here before you blow my cover!]

As me and gordon rushed outside the door that led out back we climbed into a window that led us back to where everyone was. All those poor innocent individuals that had no freedom. I really do wish we could save them, i hope one day we could it would bring me so much joy. Besides that's what g-man sent me and Gordon for. To save the world and be taken back to that damn void to wait for another time the earth needs saving.

Me and Gordon made our way through the "town" if you could even say it was one, and we eventually met up with alyx Vance. Well, technically she saved both of our lives so i already owe her a lot for saving the two of us, she took us to a under cover room where there was two vending machines, one only water which i was happy since i am kinda thirsty, can you blame me though? She told us she would buy us a drink, but when she punched in the button to the machine it opened and showed us an entrance to a secret lab. Another lab? Oh great.

("Gordon Freeman! It really is you, why you haven't changed a bit. And is that scientist F/N i see that's with you as well? Oh I've missed you both")

"Its good to see you again doctor Kleiner."

Just as i finished speaking and giving my old friend a gentle hug suddenly i hear another voice come in.

[Well? Are they here?]

Barney. I look over to see gordon and barney chatting before he got gordon suited back up into his Hazard suit.

"Wow it still fits? That's honestly surprising to me i thought you gained weight gordo-"

Before i could even finish gordon playfully punched my arm we both chuckled before barney looked over towards me and pulled me aside for a "chat"

"So whats up cherif?"

I mocked him a bit since he was literally standing like a cowboy it would amaze you how much he acted like one sometimes.

[I hope you realize your gonna have to stay with me and isaac, you don't have a hazard suit and im sure Gordon will literally come after me if you got injured, and i need my body to not be sore from a beating, so what do you say? Ill be yours and Isaac's "bodyguard" just until we get somewhere safe yknow?]

I nodded. I understand what he's trying to say to me and i guess this will be a new adventure for me to experience, it is better than being in a black void having nothing but to just talk to gordon. Dont get me wrong i love the dude hes a great friend but honestly i did miss being out here in the open, breathing the "fresh" air and feeling the sun and the small breeze on me feels great.
...

Isaac sent alyx into a teleporter and she made it to the other side where she stood next to her father Eli, man was he ever getting old i felt bad for not being with all of them, just comforting them yknow. Either way its Gordon's turn to be sent to Eli and just as we thought things could get any better Kleiner's little pet Lamarr jumped in with gordon making the machine break and sending gordon outside behind kleiner. Me and barney rushed outside to see if we could spot him and when we did i was relieved as barney gave Gordon his crowbar from black mesa. Wow, he carried that? Before Gordon left he signed something to barney before smiling to me and walking off, leaving me here with barney and Isaac Kleiner. Well i guess adventures happen in different ways.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥°̩̥ ·͙̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̩̩̥·̩̩̥̩̩̥˚̩̥̩̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊________________________________________________|| Word count: 1131| Insta: https://www

________________________________________________
|
| Word count: 1131
| Insta: https://www.instagram.com/lubbydobey/?hl=en
| Tiktok.com/@Noor
| 🍄
|
| all about me! https://mycardwewoo.carrd.co
|🌿
|
| thank you for reading! :]
|
|🌹
________________________________________________