Chapter 7 • Sibling Love

The demon grunted at Tengen's words.
"Then again, you've been hiding out here for hundreds of years. So I guess you got a pretty ignorant view of the world." Tengen spat.

"This is a big country and, it's teeming with incredible people. Some are a mystery...and a few have a natural way with the sword..and become a Hashira in two months.. And I'm chosen? Gimme a break. You have no clue how much I've lost over the years!" Tengen gripped his swords tighter.

"URRRGHH..Then how do you explain it?"
"..Why haven't you died yet? My blood sickles are poisonous...But no matter how long I wait, you don't feel any effects! What's going on?.." The demon snarled as Tengen gritted his teeth.

You looked confused and felt like your parents were having an argument. You just felt like you didn't belong there.

"I'm from a family of Shinobu-Ninja. I've built a resistance to poison."

"Enough lies! They died out in the Edo Period!" The female demon growled.

| Tengen's Thoughts 🌈 |

'It's no lie. Shinobi still exist. I had nine siblings. By the time I was 15, seven of them were dead.'

'My father was afraid the clan was doomed. So he forced us all through intense training. The only survivors were me and my younger brother.'

'My little brother. Was just like my father. He was just as cold and heartless. Minions were expandable and his wife was just for making babies.'

'He had no respect for others. He was stubborn and cold. I could never be like that.'

'Master it is I who am thankful....to you.'

'You showed me something worth risking my life for. Doing so is merely a matter of course. People who struggle with their inner conflict are foolish weaklings. I see what must be done and I do it.'

———

"Hey?, You, Hey!" The demon tried getting the attention of the Sound Pillar.

"HeeHee! Hee hee hee! That poison is working, after all, isn't it? Hee hee hee! It's just taking effect very slowly, you almost bluffed me into thinking it wasn't!" The demon pointed at Tengen with a wicked grin.

"Uzui-sam-" you were cut off by him.

"No, it's not working at all, shall we dance?" Tengen readied his swords.
"I'm in peak condition. I could dance and sing and eat a dozen bowls of tempura right now!- with style!" Tengen laughed at the demon as the fight begun.

'Move your arms (Y/N)'

"Love Breathing: Third Form: Catlove Shower!" You slashed at the demon which caused it to jump back.

"Maybe I should kill the child first.." The demon looked at you angrily.
"(Y/N)! MOVE!" Tengen said as you felt something behind you.

You immediately dashed forward to dodge the attack. But still you were still hit.

"(Y/N)!" Those were the last words you heard from Tengen before you blacked out.

'Am I dead?'

'Shit.'

'I didn't even get to tell Kanao..how I feel.'

'I wonder how Shinobu will feel.'

'But. I don't want to die.'

'Not yet.'

You felt someone cup your cheeks with their hands. You looked around to see a black void.

'(Y/N).' The voice of Kanae flew through your ears as you wanted to grab her and hug her. You blamed yourself for her death.

'You need to wake up. Fight. Even if it kills you.'

'Fight.'

'Fight..'

'Fight...'

'FIGHT!'

You snapped awake, you saw Tengen and Tanjiro fighting a moon.

'I'm poisoned. If I move to much. I'll die.'

You watched the demon disappear.

"HINA-"

"Don't worry about me, Tengen! Find the Demon!" Hinatsuru reassured but was soon cut off by being grabbed by the poison demon.

"You're the one with the poison... So I'm gonna worry about you!"

The obi blocked Tengen from reaching his wife.

You gripped your sword. And swung it towards the demon. Slicing its upper half.

Tanjiro grabbed Hinatsuru and made sure she was okay.

"I OWE YOU BOTH ONE!" Tengen yelled as your world began to spin again.

'Mitsuri. Kanao. Kanae. Shinobu. Kyojuro. Tanjiro. Zenitsu. Inosuke. Tengen.'

'What do I do?'

...