Chapter Ten

"Keigo, I don't think this is a good idea," you voiced.

Hawks had explained everything that had happened while he was recovering at home, even telling you the Todoroki family history and how Todoroki Touya became Dabi. You weren't expecting to hear such a story from his first night back home, rather just want to bask in the feeling that Hawks is awake and he's recovering from his injures.

The story he had told you is just insane from the childhood trauma the Todoroki children had endured from their father to the what Hawks had done during the whole battle. So far, it's not looking pretty and you haven't gone outside much for errands because the public's trust in heroes is starting to decrease. You don't want to get involved and a civilian ask you why you didn't take part in the battle.

The idea that Hawks had told you is basically trying to take on the League again.

You shook your head, distraught at the thought of the heroes fighting them again. "Keigo, it's too early to take them on again. You have to give people time to recover and rebuild their strength. Imagine what the kids at U.A are going through. Imagine the families that are enduring pain of losing their loved ones in that battle. Shigaraki is too powerful."

"Somehow, that kid got him weak," Hawks stated, throwing his arms around. "Shigaraki may be powerful, but if we weaken him enough, we can kill him."

"But you can't kill him right now," you sighed, rubbing your face. You pointed at him, "Your wings haven't even healed yet and it's been four weeks, Keigo. You aren't healed completely and if you aren't, none of the others are, either."

"If doesn't have to be now," Keigo started. He glanced out the bedroom window, the two of you have a late night discussion that started with Naofumi's future. "There will be no future for any of us if we continue to let Shigaraki and his men live. Us Japan heroes aren't able to defeat him now, but I hear there's talk of asking America for help, too."

"America?" You questioned. You aren't familiar with American heroes, but you do know their number one hero is a woman and she's quite muscular. "Would America even help us?"

Hawks shrugged his shoulders. "Who knows. Depends if All Might can convince them to help us."

"Let's not worry about that right now," you suggested, you held his face with your hands and gazed into his eyes. "We need to worry about this moment right here, our biggest concern is Naofumi and how Japan will turn out knowing the citizens are losing their trust in us." Hawks nodded his head and kissed your hand. "I know you're going to busy for another chance to defeat them, but right now, you need to recover your health and work on a plan that will be better than your last plan."

"Okay," Hawks sighed.

You give him a small smile and remove your hands from him, moving to the bed. You gestured to the bed with a tilt of your head and Hawks knows; it's bedtime. Naofumi is already asleep and you had already put your input into Hawks's idea. You want Hawks to be smarter about his planning, smarter than last time. And you hope that the American heroes will help.

***

It's been a whole year since that battle and a few heroes have recovered fully. The high school hasn't done much of the school activities regarding hero studies and the first years are in their second years. Much has definitely changed over the last year, you've seen the students mature and unfortunately, one of the students had left school and started to be a an anti-hero, you'd assume.

You hear that All Might is still in touch with Midoriya because that's his student, but you wish the kid would take a break.

You have rarely been outside because of the rampage of villains. If you have Naofumi with you, you don't engage and normally stay around the high school because it's protected by the heroes there to keep civilians safe. However, if it's just you alone, you'll do your part and defeat the villain, but your time has mostly been focused on Naofumi, house duties, and the second years at the high school.