Chapter 4

I awoke to the sound of the doorbell ringing. I shook myself awake and checked the time on my phone. It was 11am and I had overslept. I dragged myself out of bed and began walking down the stairs as the doorbell began to ring again.
"Hang on!" I called out, "I'm coming!"
"It's Aaron" said the voice from the other side of the door. Shit. I didn't want Aaron to see me like this. In my pyjamas, hair in a mess and extremely bad morning breath.
"Hold on!" I shouted as i shoved an entire pack of chewing gum in my mouth in panic. I then unlocked the door and allowed Aaron to come in. "Fancy seeing you here."
"Sorry to disturb you but I didn't really like how things were left at the wedding," he said looking down, "I feel as if I owe you an explanation." I lead Aaron to the kitchen and made him a cup of tea before sitting at the table next to him.
"What did you want to talk about Aaron?"
"Well, you know... I didn't like the way I handled the situation with Harry," he said after a slight pause. "I know you must be confused about it all."
"Not at all actually. Asha told me about the whole situation with Harry. Don't worry Aaron, I probably would have acted the same." He looked confused for a brief moment before relief swept across his face and he relaxed into the chair next to me.
"I'm so glad you feel that way, Megan," he looked up and smiled. I felt myself getting lost in his deep brown eyes like I had at the wedding.
"Aaron..." I breathed as he leaned in. Our lips meeting in a soft and sweet kiss. I opened my mouth slightly as the kiss became more intense, I felt Aaron's hand move to my cheek, holding my face softly.
Then the phone rang, interrupting our kiss.
"It's Olivier," I told Aaron. Suddenly, his smile faded and was replaced with a look of guilt. He looked down at the floor whilst I answered the phone. "Hi Olivier!"
"Hi Megan, what are you up to?" Olivier asked on the other end of the phone. I glanced at Aaron.
"Um, not much. I just got up actually."
"Typical you, lying in until this time," he laughed.
"Yeah..."
"Well, I was just phoning to make sure you're alright. Georgie and I visited the museum of the revolution today." Olivier spoke about his and Georgie's Cuban adventures for what felt like forever whilst Aaron sat across from me, awkwardly listening.
"Olive, I have to go," I told him, "Phone me tomorrow! Bye." I hung up and then a silence came over us.
"I'm sorry Megan," Aaron said.
"What for?" I asked, confused. All I wanted to do was kiss him.
"For kissing you. I shouldn't have done it. Olivier wouldn't want this. He'll fucking flip." I placed my hand on Aaron's cheek.
"Fuck what Olivier wants. This is what I want for once." I leant in and kissed him and he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Come on," I said, leading him to the bedroom.
"Are you sure this is what you want?" he asked.
I nodded, shutting the door firmly behind us.