Chapter 6

(CRICKETS CHIRPING)
ANT: To the bird!
ALL: The bird!
(FESTIVE MUSIC PLAYING)
ALL: (CHANTING) Hey!
Dr Flora:Get down, rolly boys!
Slim:How low can you go? Sing it now.How low can you go?How low can you go? Do it, princess. How low can you go?
Fawn:Yeah! Good job Princess Atta!
Iridessa:Ooh! My turn!
Rosie:And that's how my 12th husband died.So now I'm a widow. I mean,I've always been a black widow,but now I'm a black-widow widow.
Vidia:Woah. I can't imagine being married 12 times.

Thorny! Any sign of those fiends?
Thorny:Let me check.No, not yet.But we'll be ready for them.
Francis:Blueberries, dismissed!And quit beating the boys up.Those little raisins do grow on you.
Flik:Hey, how you guys doing?Some party, huh? Is that grain dip fresh or what? Okay,I've told everyone you'll be stationed deep in the command bunker.Party quiets down,I sneak you out the back way,and then you're out of here forever.
Dim:Dim don't want to go.
Rosie:Well, if Dim stays, he's gonna need me here. He's not fully trained.I mean, house-trained.
(CHUCKLES)
Francis:I... I kind of promised the Blueberries I'd teach them canasta.
Gypsy:It seems we've been booked for an extended engagement.
Silvermist:Yeah we don't want to leave either.
Atta:Will you look at this colony?Will you just look at this colony? I don't even recognize it.
-I feel 70 again!
Queen:Work that ab, baby!
Atta:And I have you bugs to thank for it.
So, thank you!And thank you for finding them, Flik.
Flik:Me?
[Flik and Atta's antenna accidentally get stuck]
Flik:Oh... I'll get it.I mean, if you don't mind,
I'll just, I'll just...
Atta:It's all tangled up.
Flik:There.
Atta:I think I'll go check on the bird.
(Atta walks the wrong way)
Atta:Bird's this way.
Atta:Yeah, the bird's that way.
(NERVOUS CHUCKLE)
She... What?
Rosetta:(sing songy)Somebody's in love~
(GASPS)
Thorny:Jiminy H. Cricket!
(BLOWING ALARM)
FLIK: They're back!
Tinker Bell:Get ready, everybody!
Atta:Get to your posts! Battle stations, everyone.This is not a drill! Come on, everyone.You know your jobs! Let's go, go, go, go!
ANT: Look out!
Whoa, whoa, whoa there.
Steady, girls. That's it.
-It's P.T.
-P.T.?
Fawn:Is that a flea? Cool.
Rosetta:Eww!
P.T.:Greetings and salutations! Ooh-boppa-doo and how do you do? I am the great P.T. Flea! I'm in need of your...Oh, let's just cut to the chase.Look, I've been going from anthill to anthill.I'm looking for a bunch of circus performers.
Have you seen them?
(GASPS)
-Wait a second.Ain't that Staff Sergeant Slim?
Flik:Nope! No, no, no. I'm sorry, no.I've never seen anyone like that around here.
SLIM: Be quiet!
FLIK: No one has ever seen anyone like that around here.So you'll probably want to get going.I guess you've got a lot of other anthills to check into, so bye!
P.T.:Ah, guys, I've been looking all over for you! Flaming Death is a huge hit!
-P.T.!
-P.T. FLEA: I'm serious!
Word of mouth got around.The next day, there was a line of flies outside the tent, went on forever! It must have been a foot long!
-P.T., no!
P.T.:So I figured it out. You guys burn me twice a night, I take a day off to heal.And then we do it all over again! We'll be the top circus act in the business!
Atta:You mean, you're not warriors?
P.T.:Are you kidding?These guys are the lousiest
circus bugs you've ever seen.And they're gonna make me rich!
Thorny:You mean to tell me that our entire defensive strategy was concocted by clowns?
Francis:We really thought Flik's idea was gonna work.
[Everyone gasped and stared at Flik]
Francis:Oops.
Atta:Tell me this isn't true.
Flik:No, you don't...
-This couldn't have happened at a more inopportune time! The last leaf is about to fall!
FEMALE ANT: We haven't collected any food for the grasshoppers!
Thorny:If Hopper finds out what we almost did...
Queen:Hopper is not going to find out.We're going to hide all this and pretend it never happened.You bugs and fairies were never here.So I suggest you all leave.
Vidia:Excuse me?!
Flik:But the bird! The bird will work.
Queen:I never thought I'd see the day when an ant would put himself before the rest of his colony.
Flik:What?
Queen:The point is, Flik, you lied to us.
Flik:No, no, no! I... I just...
Atta:You lied, Flik. You lied to her.You lied to the colony! You lied to me!And like an idiot, I believed you.
Flik:But I... I was just afraid that if you knew I'd gotten circus bugs...(SIGHS) I just wanted to make a difference.
ATTA: I want you to leave, Flik.And this time, don't come back.
(GASPS)
(WHIMPERS)
P.T.:Tough crowd. Yee-haw!
Dot:Flik!
Vidia:You know what? Let's just go you guys.
Tinker Bell:Wait, Vidia what do you mean let's go?
Fawn:We've traveled so far to protect this colony we can't just leave.
Atta:You're the only ones left to protect us.
Vidia:Then what's the point of us staying here to help you if you won't do Flik's idea? So what if they're circus bugs? At least they stood by and never gave up you.We never gave up any of you! Flik isn't the one who should be ashamed of himself, Princess.
[With that Vidia angrily flew away as Tinker Bell and the fairies followed her.]