26: Twenty-Six More Minutes

Sunday: December 26th, 2015

When Jasper turned up to my house on the twenty-sixth day of Christmas, dad was even weirder than the last time he saw Jas. This time, I imagined it was because we were actually dating. Nonetheless, after an awkward exchange in the living room followed by dad's probing questions about Jas's career pathways and plans for his future, I managed to drag him away from dad's judgemental gaze and up to my room. Because we had much more important things to do, including making out and introducing Jas to Ria and Jojo.

I unwillingly left the door ajar as we entered—as per dad's demands as we retreated from his interrogation—but knowing no one was on this floor, I immediately pushed him through my room until he collapsed onto my bed.

"Zara," he gasped before I climbed on top of him, pressing my lips forcefully against his mouth. He responded just as I hoped. One hand hooked around my head, pulling me closer, his tongue exploring my mouth. The other roamed free. His fingers trailed down my back before his hand gently grazed over my butt. "Is this okay?" he whispered against my mouth.

"More than," I responded. We continued like that... extending our intimacy but only over the top of clothes for the majority of it. But I wanted more from him. I wanted to be closer. To experience more.

Sitting up, I reached down to his tight jeans, fingers prying at the button. But once he realised what I was doing, his hands shot out, stopping me, eyes wide with alarm.

"What?" I asked, breathless, dazed.

"Not when your dad is downstairs."

Pouting, I said, "But I want more."

He shimmied up to a seated position in my bed, all the while making sure I was still atop him. His fingers played with my hair while his eyes caressed my body as he thought about his words. "I want more too, Zar. But I really don't want your dad walking in, and..."

"And what?"

He looked up at me, a hesitant smile slipping onto his face. "Don't you think it's too soon?"

"It's not like we have to get to know each other better," I replied with a roll of the eyes.

"Yeah but... we only just started dating."

"So? I feel safe with you."

He smiled at that, hand tucking a lock of hair behind my ear before he cupped my cheek and caressed my skin with his thumb. "I feel safe with you too. But we definitely aren't doing anything where clothes come off with your dad downstairs. Hard no."

I groaned and fell off him onto my bed, rousing a chuckle from him. "But Jas!" I whined. "What are we going to do with my teenage hormones?"

Pressing his lips together, he laid down next to me, resting on his elbows by my head before giving me an upside down kiss. "Maybe tonight," he whispered in my ear, "I can call you and... with our doors closed and no suspicious parents we can... Prepare for what it might be like with the distance."