20: Twenty Minutes in Heaven

A final congrats to @amiva0402 for cracking our final riddle!

_____

Monday: December 20th, 2015

When Jasper arrived a little late at Hyde Park on the twentieth day of Christmas, he seemed off. He grinned when he saw me, but like that first day, it didn't quite reach his eyes.

Is this because we didn't kiss in my room last night? I wondered.

"Ready to get the final riddle, Fish?" he asked me.

Eyes still studying him, I nodded, stomach squirming with concern. But I grabbed his hand in mine and began walking into Winter Wonderland with him.

We went through the usual routine. Jas tied the ribbon around my wrist, giving me a longing stare when he looked back up at me, but this time he took a step back and said nothing.

"Ladies first," he said.

Unfurling the scroll, I read the final riddle.

"Statues..." I mumbled, eyes going back over the riddle. "Wax," I then said, looking up. "What's that place called with the wax people?"

"Madame..." Jas whipped out his phone and began searching it. "Madame Tuss... I don't know how to pronounce it."

I handed the riddle over to him. "What do you think?"

He whisper-read through the riddle then, grinning, he looked up at me. "I think you've done it again, Fish." And in that moment, as he smiled and me and his eyes bore into mine, every ounce of pain that had been flickering across his face since he had arrived this morning seemed to disappear. My Jasper was back. And something I did brought him out.

So even though I didn't have to, I grabbed his hand in mine and slowly began leading him to the underground.

∘◦ ❈ ◦∘

My guess was right. As we neared the front of Madame Tussauds, I could see the green elf sticking out like a sore thumb in the mass of grey and black coats.