~I Lo...Miss You~

Dealing with an enraged Shasa and a pack of hyperactive kids is definitely not something on my bucket list. At least I can say I did it though. And it was one hell of a job too.

After explaining to Shasa how Free confessed to me she refused to help me drag the kids back to the hotel. Claiming it was my punishment for keeping her in the dark for so long. And a punishment it was.

I'm pretty sure I lost Kit on the way only for him to sneak his way back into the pack with an additional bag of candy. Could've been drugs. I'm not sure though.

I'm just glad the head count matched up when we got to the hotel lobby. Never again though.

Finally, after disrupting every single resident in that hotel and apologising to the staff multiple times, they passed out in the living room.

"Honestly, you call yourself responsible and good with kids and then you do this."

"Totally not my fault." I replied to my partner. "I wasn't the one who fed them sweets."

"And yet you let it happen. Talk about digging your own grave."

I crashed onto one of the very plush couches in our room and stroked my hand through Honey's hair.

She unconsciously nuzzled my hand in her dreams and I couldn't help the smile that stretched out my face.

Outside, the view was beautiful. Twinkling lights decorated tall, dark buildings that blend into the night sky.

I could barely see any stars but the moon shone brightly.

Are we looking at the same moon? Is it even night time in the US?

"He's all you think about, isn't he?" Athena teased. I shut my eyes, feeling heat on my cheeks.

"Excuse you, I do not!"

"You so do, you can barely stop yourself from thinking about him even while hanging out with some other dude."

"No I wasn't! How would you even know that?!"

"I'm literally in your thoughts.You can't hide things from me." I chuckled sheepishly at the realisation.

"If you obsess over him this much maybe you should call him again." She commented offhandedly.

The hand that was raking through Honey's hair stopped. Call him? Should I? We actually haven't talked since the last time he called me.

And even then the call was cut short. Maybe I should. What if he's busy right now? He'd probably think I'm a nuisance for calling while he's occupied.

Actually, even if he was just lying around somewhere he'd be annoyed at the interruption. What if I wake him up?! Oh, if I woke him up with a call I'd never forgive myself!

"Just shut up and call him already! Your blabbering is intrusive!"

I sighed and stood from the couch, quietly so as to not shift the monsters in rest. Kris and the others apparently had a talk earlier which had everyone feeling worse than they already were. 

So, everyone went to bed early. I slid open the glass door leading to the balcony and let my shoes hit the cement. 

The chilly air cooled my flushed cheeks. The breeze seemed to carry the scent of the forest. How ironic. I reached into the pockets of my hoodie and pulled out my phone.