Into the Abyss

Category: TV Show » Power Rangers

Author: Twix3780

Language: English

Rated: Fiction T

Genre: Fantasy/Family

Disclaimer: I don't own Power Rangers.

Author's Note: Welcome to the Dino Thunder/Ninja Storm team up.

RJ looked up from his workstation as Kali hurried down the stairs, setting her helmet down on the table and pulling her leather jacket up over her shoulders. "You sure this is a good idea?" he asked. "I mean, what if we need you?"

"I'll try not to be too long," said Kali, pulling on her jacket. "But this new assignment is important. If Lothor really is back, then he's going to be searching for me. It's best that I find him first and deal with him, then it is for him to come here. If he teams up with Dai Shi, we'd have hell of a battle on our hands."

RJ looked considerate. "That's a fair point," he agreed. "But what if he decides to team up with that guy Mesogog in Reefside?"

"Then me and the other Rangers will deal with it," said Kali. "Right now, I am more worried about Lothor and Dai Shi than I am some delusional renegade dinosaur. Just make sure the others are able to hold the fort until I get back."

"You got it," RJ said. "Good luck!"

Picking up her helmet, Kali waved her thanks as she headed out the door.

~X~

It was late afternoon when Kali arrived in Blue Bay Harbour. Cam had contacted her that morning stating that he believed Lothor was back and asking if she could meet him at the state line between Blue Bay and Reefside. At first, she was cautious about whether it really was Lothor, she was certain that sealing him away inside the abyss had been the end of him since only her should've been able to open it again.

But, has Cam lay out the evidence, Kali felt her cautiousness fade away and be replaced with fear and determination. Someone was playing with fire in reopening the abyss, after all, it was not an easy task to undo something that had been sealed shut by the Hellhound. But she had agreed, nonetheless, to meet him and put a stop to any wars that Lothor may create.

Appearing on the state line, Kali looked around.

"Kali, you made it!" Cam grinned, opening his arms to his old friend.

Kali smiled and accepted the hug. "Cam! It's great to see you again," she said.

"Briar," said Hunter, nodding.

Kali rolled her eyes. "Back to last name basis are we, Bradley?" she asked. She and Hunter had never had a solid relationship, not since she had found out that his father had been the Lightning Mystic before Chip and had given his life in the Great Battle that had occurred when she was only a few hours old.

It also didn't help that Hunter had kidnapped her and tried to force the Hellhound to bring back his parents, which had resulted in some serious magic bonding them to one another - or rather, bonding him to her. It had come to a head when Kali had been abducted by Lothor and held captive on his ship, and Hunter had put himself in harm's way to try and rescue her.

The Hellhound's Bond was what Eithne, and Rune had called it. It was a binding spell that the Hellhound used to fuse it's guardian with another mystic that it felt would do well in protecting it's protector. Naturally, the first symptoms were dislike and contempt, but after a while those dwindled into a more tolerable feeling for the other.