A Venomous Showdown

"Whoa! Who, or what, is that thing?" gasped Wasp, as she, Spider-Woman and Invisible Girl observed Venom's movements on the large monitor in Jerry's office. "It looks like something out of an Alien movie!"

"We don't know, but whatever it is, it's smashing its way further and further into the building," said Jerry seriously, as they watched the monster exit the stairwell of their floor and savagely dismember a few robot guards that blocked his path.

"Even with gadgets, it's far too risky to have most people face that thing," said Spider-Woman, her teammates humming in agreement.

"Then we'll have to rely on our automatic defences instead," said Jerry. "GLADIS, activate Defence Protocol Three."

"Deploying laser defence," chirped the advanced supercomputer, causing a network of crisscrossed red beams to form and block Venom's path

The deadly beams nearly hit Venom, as they activated instantly when he was in range, but his inhuman reflexes allowed him to jump back in time. The symbiote hissed in thought, then looked about, pausing to examine the ceiling. He leapt up and stuck to it, smashing and tearing through metal to make a hole and crawl right over the hallway and lasers below.

"Get ready," said Wasp, shrinking and hovering in the air. "He's heading right for us!"

"He's gonna drop through the ceiling, huh?" Invisible Girl said nervously, turning the ceiling invisible since he was off-camera now, as well as forming a shield around everyone in the room.

"Guys, my spider-sense doesn't seem to be working on him," realised Spider-Woman in shock. "I can't sense his presence!"

"You mean that guy has found a way to block your spider-sense?" gulped Invisible Girl. "Oh man, now we're really in trouble!"

Before anyone could say anything more, a panel of the ceiling flew down and slammed into the metallic floor with a crash, jolting every nerve of the four WOOHP agents. A yell of rage preceded as Venom flew out from the gaping hole in the ceiling and leapt straight at the invisible shield, claws and feet extended.

"Jerry!" Venom shrieked, baring his fangs as he began pounding at the forcefield with his massive fists.

"Guh!" cried Invisible Girl from the sheer force of the impact, just managing to keep the shield up, despite Venom's quick followup attacks.

GLADIS silently aimed a laser beam, and fired at Venom. But he pivoted, sprang up, and extended his arm a bit to manipulate and morph the matter of his arm into a sharp scythe. In an instant, he sliced GLADIS from the ceiling with a shower of sparks, grabbed the large oblong machine in midair, then dunked it into the floor with a resounding clang and sparking of circuits. GLADIS gave a garbled cry, than all her lights went out as Venom tore the super-computer in half with his sharp claws.

The others shouted in utter shock, then looked at one another with a look of resolve.

"Let's take this creep down," Spider-Woman said evenly. "Keep Jerry shielded," she added quietly to Invisible Girl.