Chapter Seventeen

Anya

"Anya." Someone is shaking me but I refuse to wake up. I'm comfortable. "Anya, wake up." Nope. Not gonna happen. I'm not ready yet.

"Dammit, Anya." Someone picks me up and I'm floating. I don't open my eyes but I snuggle closer to the warmth and feel a shiver coming from it. I fall asleep again.

Now I'm uncomfortable. I'm cold and upright. I feel warmth to the side of me and snuggle into it as I regain consciousness.

"Aw, Anya, I always knew it was me that you wanted." Someone laughed. Sam! My eyes shoot open and I see myself wrapped around him. I look up and meet his cheeky grin and find myself laughing. 

"Sorry, Sam." I yawn and stretch and catch Devan's eye. He doesn't look happy. I wonder what happened while I was asleep.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"About two minutes from the resort." Josh answers. "You slept for almost the whole flight."

"How did I get through security if I was asleep?"

"You weren't. We woke you for it but you didn't last long." He laughs and I feel slightly embarrassed. I can't believe I don't even remember that. I'm almost like a baby when it comes to movement. I fall asleep so easily.

"Here we are." Josh says and I look over Sam and out of the window. We enter through huge gates and drive down a lush green driveway, boasting waterfalls and an array of beautiful flowers. It takes my breath away. The colours are remarkable.

As we drive further into the resort I can see the greenery spread into beautiful gardens overlooking the sea. The odd staff member is scattered around and nods in greeting to the car as we drive past and Josh returns it.

As we pull up to the front of the hotel I have been so distracted by the gardens that I completely missed the most magnificent building I've ever laid eyes on. It's clean white lines and glass exterior screams modern but is reigned in with traditional marble pillars and coving. The enormous building is surrounded by smaller, similar buildings and all are lit up with beautiful yellow and pale blue lights, which I imagine will look spectacular at night.

I follow Sam out of the car and he immediately drags me inside. 

"Welcome to the Carlton Resort and Spa. It's lovely to see you again, sir." A man who I think is the manager greets Josh, who engages in conversation briefly before a beautifully elegant woman wearing a white sundress and a huge straw hat and sunglasses rushes over and takes him into a big hug.

"Josh, darling, I've missed you so much." 

"You say me two days ago, mom." He struggles out of her hug and I smile. She turns to us and is about to greet the guys when she spots me.

"Ah, and you must be Anya." She says walking over and pulling me into a hug that squeezes me a little too tight. For a petite woman she sure has a lot of strength.

"It's lovely to meet you." I say, returning the hug briefly before she pulls back and puts her hand on my shoulders.

"Nice to see the boys are finally opting for a bit of female influence." She says seriously and I laugh.

"I'm not sure how much I influence them, Mrs Carlton. Oh, and thank you so much for having me for the week. I really appreciate it."

"Nonsense," she scoffs and takes a step back. "Go, guys show Anya around. You've all got the penthouse again and we're all on the floor beneath you. We're meeting in the main restaurant at seven." And with that she smiles again and leaves.