*Chapter 6

Heeey everyone! Thank you for the amazing feedback on my last chapter.

I made this one reallly long one because of spring break.

I didn't read over this one, so excuse the errors.

In this chapter you get to know more about Jayden's past...

Anyways, I don't have much to say except I hope you enjoy.

And thanks again for all the comments and votes, and I got new fans too!

So hello to you guys. 

I love you guys! -Keller.

    I unlocked the door to my house, stepping inside and locking it after me. I leaned against the wall and sighed happily, feeling overly joyed, and I hadn’t felt this way in a long time.

I took a deep breath and smelled something delicious. I grabbed a fistful of Caleb’s sweater that I was still wearing and smelt it. I smelled an overwhelming aroma of unnameable cologne, mixed with the faint sent of clover smoke and rain.

I realized this is what he always smelt like. Cologne and smoke, without the rain. But it wasn’t a bad smell it was spicy from the cologne, yet sweet from the cigarettes. That’s why I always felt so comfortable around him, in his car etc. The smell was calming, almost smoothing somehow.

I can’t believe this; I was obsessing over every little detail. Pretty soon I would move on to how perfect his fingernails were.

“Jayden, Jayden!” I snapped out of it and opened my eyes, I was still leaning against the wall by the front door, dripping all over the tiled floors.

“Where have you been? Do you know what time it is?” My mother scolded, her small hands resting on the slender curve of her hips. I rolled my eyes.

I checked the clock behind her, “It’s 11:03.”

She growled “I know that. Where were you? And don’t say you were with Zoe or Ava. Ava called 3 hours ago looking for you, and Zoe just called asking if you were home yet. She said you forgot your cell phone.”

Shit, I forgot my cell phone was in my leather jacket that I gave to her.

“And what are you wearing?! Whose sweater is that? Why do you smell like a man? And…” She trailed off looking panicked; she pushed me to the side and looked out the window. “And where is God’s name is your car?! Start explaining. Now.”

I let a small chuckle escape my throat; I haven’t seen her worked up in a long time. I was going to point out that she went on a date without telling me, and rub it in, but under the anger I could tell she was concerned and worried about me.

“Zoe and I were going to go see a movie when my car broke down over on 8 Mile. So we waited in the pouring rain for the tow truck to come, and then we went to the auto shop. Caleb just so happened to work there and offered me his sweater, and insisted on driving me home. My car’s in the shop until Sunday, there was a leak under the hood or something.”

“Oh my baby!” She grabbed me in a bear hug, “why didn’t you call me I would have come to pick you up!” I know I should have been nice, but this was the perfect opportunity…

“I didn’t want to interrupt you, in case you were on a date or something.” I said nonchalantly pulling away.

She sighed, defeated. “Baby I’m sorry. How about you go get changed, and I’ll make you a hot chocolate? We need to talk.” I nodded and jogged up the stairs.

The only thing worse than hearing ‘we need to talk’ from your boyfriend…is hearing if from your mother.

I threw on some random sweatpants and a sweater, hanging Caleb’s up to dry. Then I went downstairs to sit at the island with my mother.