• CHAPTER 3 •

"I'm not going to ask for your permission."

    I wasn't sure if this was my luck to always wake up to yelling or that it was that Ace always yells but his voice instantly woke me up.   

    "Well, you should. Because we all live here." An unfamiliar voice responded.   

    I groaned, blinked, and rolled on my back. What were they talking about and why were they yelling? I scanned the room for any sort of clock. When I saw that it was 7:15, I wanted to get up and yell at them for waking me up that early when I slept so late.

    "Did you forget who you're talking to? Because I can easily remind you."

    His words were so harsh and cold but that made me curious about what happened and what made him speak with that tone to someone who apparently, lived with him in the same house.

    "Ace, you're not thinking clearly. I know she's his daughter and you want to protect her just for him but there are limits." The unfamiliar voice responded. My eyes widened and my heart dropped. Are they talking about me?

    "Lower your voice," Ace yelled. That was ironic how someone could yell about yelling. I got myself out of bed, put my shoes back on, tiptoed to the door and pressed my ear against it to hear everything.

    "Ace, for fuck's sake, think clearly for once." The man hissed.

    "You're the one who's going to teach me how to think?" He laughed, "I'm going to take your permission or anyone's permission."

    I frowned. "She is here now, and she will stay here until I say otherwise."

    "I can't believe you, Ace, I can't believe you have the heart to sleep in the same house with the one who created all of this."

    My heart dropped. Without thinking about my actions, I pulled away from the door and twisted the knob. I walked out in the hallway and faced their angry eyes, staring straight at me.

    "A-Are you talking about me?" My voice was weak, and I hated it. But I was scared. I was terrified. What did I create? Am I causing them problems by staying here?

    "Talia, go back to your room." Ace coldly waved me off.

    "No, I need to know what I did." I stepped closer which angered Ace and made him take a step in front of them. That gesture was enough for me to know that they were indeed talking about me. And that made my heart beat faster.

    "Talia, go in the room, now." His voice was getting louder, but I ignored him.

    "What did I do?" I looked at the three boys that were standing behind him.

    One of them smirked and said, "she really doesn't know?" From his voice, I recognized that he was the one who was talking to Ace when I was in the room.

    I looked straight into his eyes, "what did I do?"

    "Romeo!" Ace warned him.

    "No," I looked back at Ace, "why don't you want to tell me?"

    "Joe, say something," Romeo said to the man next to him, but he shrugged and stayed silent.

    "There is nothing you need to know, Talia." He was starting to get angry, but so was I. I looked at Romeo and nodded, "tell me". He shook his head and bit his lip. He dug his hand into the pants pockets and turned his back to me. I wasn't sure if he was making fun of me and trying to hide his laughter, or if he was angry and held himself back from firing back at me. Either way, I didn't care. All I wanted was to know what I did to them for him to talk about me that way.