Chapter 2

Ch. 2

After showering and throwing on black skinny jeans with a red tank top with the words "Bite Me" written across the chest, under a black jacket, I walked into the kitchen to see that my brothers were scattered around the kitchen earing various breakfasts, while my mother was standing over a stove cooking. 

She turned back to look at me and smiled, but it never reached her eyes. 

Ever since we found out that there were only a few servivors from the attack, and that my father wasn't one of them, that he had been pronounced missing, she has been a shell of the woman she used to be. Although she still sometimes hopes that he is still out there, because they said he was missing, as in 'there is no body so they probably have him as a prisoner' missing. 

Although she tries to hide it and be the best mom that she can be for us. I mean she has been raising us for 15 years all on her own. For someone who has lost her mate, she has been the best mother I could ever ask for. Most people who lose their mates wallow in self pity and are too depressed to do anything. 

"Good morning honey," she says and turns back to her cooking.

"Morning mom." I reply and take a seat next to Jeremiah at the breakfast far. 

As soon as I sit down, mom sets down a plate stacked with my favorite. Buttermilk pancakes topped with peanut butter and nutella. I smile up at her and give her a hug. 

Today is the anicersary of the attack. 15 years and we haven't heard from dad, mom has given up almost all hope that he is still out there. I believe he is. Even though I didn't have time to get to know my own father, I know that he isn't one to leave his family without a fight. I think that he is out there trying to get to us, but worried that somebody is watching him, so he wouldn't want to lead someone.....unwanted......to his family. 

"It's going to be ok mom," I whisper to her. 

"It just hurts so much." She exclaimed, "I feel that he is out there, I can still feel the bond, but sometimes I feel nothing, and it's those times that I fear the worst."

"I'm sure where ever he is, he is thinking about us. You know that the Red Sun pack is probably still looking for us and that he wouldn't want to lead them here to us if he could help it."

She finally pulls back to look at me, " You're so mature for your age Raine. You really know what to say to calm someone down."

She then turned to look at the boys, who had stayed silent during the whole conversation. "You've all grown up so fast, I just wish your father could have been here to see it."

We all got out of our seats and pulled mom into a giant group hug.

"We love you mom," we all said in unison.

Blaze was the first one to pull back, "Ok, I really love this whole family-group-hug0thing-to-cheer-mom-up but if you don't eat...and fast then we're going to be late for our first day of school."

I chuckled and pulled back, sitting back down and wolfing down my food. ~no pun intended~

As soon as I was done, mom grabbed the plate and ushered us all out the door. 

We all got into our seperate cars, except Jeremiahand Xavier, they rode with me because neither of the dimwits passed their drivers test. 

The ride to school was silent, but not an awkward silence that you might expect, it was a comfortable silence. 

Once all of us were at school and parked in our usual spots. We joined up and walked into the building to grab our schedules. 

I had a feeling something was gonna happen this year, I just didn't know what it might be. Or if it was gonna be a good thing, or something that would put us alol in danger.